MLS Cup Playoffs 2016

Betting odds:

Toronto +190
Seattle +233
Colorado +308
Montreal +383

Tight spread, anyone can win it. Have to agree with Toronto as a favorite, but Montreal is establishing themselves as a big game squad with their run in the CCL last year and their upset of NYRB this year.

I'll predict a 2-0 Sounders win at home and a 2-1 Montreal win at home. Sounders will handle Colorado in leg 2, but Toronto will best Montreal in a thriller.

Toronto hosting Seattle in December would be an extremely interesting matchup. I'll take Toronto winning 2-1 with all goals scored late.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22
- 8 PM: Toronto at Montreal, ESPN
- 10 PM: Colorado at Seattle, FS1

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27
- 4 PM: Seattle at Colorado, ESPN

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30
- 7 PM: Montreal at Toronto, FS1

only paying attention to that west coast games....just to find out if we get the CCL spot to piss off fans of the rest of the MLS and fans of other lower US leagues.

Reactions: adam and FootyLovin
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27
- 4 PM: Seattle at Colorado, ESPN

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30
- 7 PM: Montreal at Toronto, FS1

Didn't know that they had moved both first legs to that Tuesday night slot. Will be a fun evening.

I think Colorado ultimately takes out Seattle and then beats Toronto in another Denver SnowClassico!

In case you are wondering, the home-field advantage list looks like this.

Colorado
Toronto
Seattle
Montreal

So, Montreal is the team that cannot host the MLS Cup.

Didn't know that they had moved both first legs to that Tuesday night slot. Will be a fun evening.

I think Colorado ultimately takes out Seattle and then beats Toronto in another Denver SnowClassico!

Seattle Seahawks are home on Sunday the 20th for when the match was originally scheduled. How many NFL lines will be on the field? MLS 1.0?

Seattle Seahawks are home on Sunday the 20th for when the match was originally scheduled. How many NFL lines will be on the field? MLS 1.0?

Yep, that's it. Seattle can turn the venue over by Tuesday night, I bet. I know they had one game this year with lines, but if we can sod and reline a baseball field in 2-3 days, they can repaint turf.

That's just a shame. Let's hope the team can rally around MacMath to take out Seattle for us.

Why the hate for Seattle?

giphy.gif

MLS action resumes on Tuesday and it's been a while. All of this time between the knockout games to the MLS Cup is pretty weird. The league need to figure out better scheduling. Maybe play through the international break. It's not like anyone in MLS on the USMNT were playing that week this year.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22

lets go colorado and montreal( not so much because toronto ripped us up, but because i enjoyed my montreal trip in the summer...would go again)

Reactions: NYCFC_JD and adam
I want Colorado to win for obvious reasons. I am leaning towards Toronto over Montreal simply because I think that it would be great for MLS to have a broader audience (to the extent the Cup actually attracts even a slightly broader audience) see an in-his-prime superstar like the Atomic Ant representing our exciting and improving league.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viewfrom226
I want Colorado to win for obvious reasons. I am leaning towards Toronto over Montreal simply because I think that it would be great for MLS to have a broader audience (to the extent the Cup actually attracts even a slightly broader audience) see an in-his-prime superstar like the Atomic Ant representing our exciting and improving league.

What about Piatti doe?

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH