MLS Cup Playoffs 2016

I want Colorado to win for obvious reasons. I am leaning towards Toronto over Montreal simply because I think that it would be great for MLS to have a broader audience (to the extent the Cup actually attracts even a slightly broader audience) see an in-his-prime superstar like the Atomic Ant representing our exciting and improving league.

I kind of want Seattle v Toronto. I think they're the best two teams and that would be the most entertaining MLS Cup matchup. While I will be rooting against Seattle if they advance, I'd rather watch them than Colorado in the final.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I kind of want Seattle v Toronto. I think they're the best two teams and that would be the most entertaining MLS Cup matchup. While I will be rooting against Seattle if they advance, I'd rather watch them than Colorado in the final.

I see what you did there. But I'd rather see us pop the CCL champagne as early as possible and avoid the extra agita. Though I agree TOR v SEA is probably the most exciting matchup. And would give us something to really root for as well in the final. Still don't want it.

Reactions: FootyLovin
After watching paint dry, Olympic Stadium is roaring after Oduro scores.

French Canada 1 - Canada 0

Reactions: BossNYC
Michael Bradley in a lone holding role. When I saw that, well...

ETA: and just re-watched it 4 times, not only was he caught with his pants down positionally, he totally pulled out of the challenge. What a chump.

Reactions: BossNYC
Delay because they didn't measure 18 yard box correctly ??!! Lmfao that's fucking embarrassing.
Jeez.... isn't Canada Metric. 16.46m is hard to measure out on a non-even grass surface.

Shame they got their asses handed to them there by Club America last year. But the crowd was just as crazy.
Weren't they up 1-0 at half? Or was it 1-1 at half?

I seem to recall they lost it in the second half. 3-1? 4-1?

That Mallace-> Porter goal at the death of the Semi-final was one of the greatest moments in MLS history -- happened in this stadium.

Last edited:
Weren't they up 1-0 at half? Or was it 1-1 at half?

I seem to recall they lost it in the second half. 3-1? 4-1?

That Mallace-> Porter goal at the death of the Semi-final was one of the greatest moments in MLS history -- happened in this stadium.

That Porter goal was legendary. Poor dude with his injuries right after...