MLS - May 18 - Red Bulls (Home - CF)

BWP get f**ked
Yeah BWP you
Online Dating Lose GIF

Hearing kids chant “Go back to New Jersey” while waiting for the LIRR to go back to Grand Central hits at another level

That Bakrar goal was peak Heber-esque

Stadium was packed and loud. If our stadium is only 25k, it’s going to be wild for big games

Season changing win. Serve me up my barbecued crow because I was 100% wrong about these games.

And here’s the thing… NYCFC was just better this game compared to a RB team that had been one of the strongest in the league. RB even brought in “deadbeat dad” Forsberg and it made no difference.

KevinJRogers KevinJRogers i salute your optimism.

Season changing win. Serve me up my barbecued crow because I was 100% wrong about these games.

And here’s the thing… NYCFC was just better this game compared to a RB team that had been one of the strongest in the league. RB even brought in “deadbeat dad” Forsberg and it made no difference.

KevinJRogers KevinJRogers i salute your optimism.
Thank you, canchon canchon! Onward from here. Let's win some damn games.

Reactions: Revfugee
Wow. What a game. So many bright spots. Wolf is showing that top tier form. Tavon was terrific. Martins was a stud. And you couldn’t have picked a better spot for Bakrar to break the streak. The kid really deserves to shine. Cushing seems to have gotten a lot right over the last few weeks with lineups, rotation, substitutions. (Other than feeling ugh and having to bail and watch from the couch) you couldn’t have scripted this one much better.

15% chance of rain, ending before 8 PM. Rained all game. I should just always bring a rain jacket this season to matches even if it’s 95 degrees and sunny without a cloud in the sky.

Normally I say to our coaches, “I’ll pay the fines” when talking about poor refereeing. Today I told Nick, “I’ll pay the legal fees” because of the Toronto defamation.

Today was Graduation Day.

Full disclosure: I thought it would be Colorado, but we weren't quite there yet.

But hey, it's not like that Star Trek episode where two computers fight the wars. We must leave some room for young men to be young men and to grow.

Anyway, the rest of this season is going to be a blast. We still have some growing to do. But it's going to get better and better, and it's going to be fun.

Now let's go to New England and kick some ass. Beat them and it's 12 points out of 12 against the conference in May. With a shaky 'Quakes squad at home to close out the month. Then we start June against the Crew.

Let's GO.

Wow. What a game. So many bright spots. Wolf is showing that top tier form. Tavon was terrific. Martins was a stud. And you couldn’t have picked a better spot for Bakrar to break the streak. The kid really deserves to shine. Cushing seems to have gotten a lot right over the last few weeks with lineups, rotation, substitutions. (Other than feeling ugh and having to bail and watch from the couch) you couldn’t have scripted this one much better.
Tayvon had a great cross to get Bakrar - finally - on the score sheet. However, he was dreadful with the turnovers. There were at minimum four where he passed into the middle and Jersey pounced. I am glad he is now willing to push forward to join the attack more than in the past, but that doesn't require him to be loose with the ball against a pressing team. Our section was begging for Ilenic at half.

That noted, he delivered when it counted, and NYCFC was the better team. Full stop. It wasn't perfect, but it didn't need to be to be very, very satisying.

Reactions: JayH