Mp: "i Don't Know If He'll Be There Next Season."

the English nt might be but the league certainly isn't, if say chelsea or even manc come up against the best team in the msl they would be lucky to be within 10 goals tbh. America will never have a league that leads the world when it comes to football because it will never be the number 1 sport in america

Reactions: Kjbert
the English nt might be but the league certainly isn't, if say chelsea or even manc come up against the best team in the msl they would be lucky to be within 10 goals tbh. America will never have a league that leads the world when it comes to football because it will never be the number 1 sport in america

I disagree. Attendance and popularity continues to grow and average attendance at games has surpassed basketball and hockey. Toss in hosting another World Cup and the popularity level will reach a peak. It's 20 years away, but it's coming

It doesn't even need to be the #1 sport.

The EPL is in a battle for 4th with the NHL when it comes to revenue.

The NBA, the NFL and MLB all run rings around the world's wealthiest soccer league -- and they don't even sell their jerseys to betting websites and arab airlines.

Although the whole Lampard thing is leaving a bitter taste in your mouths right now as soon as the first ball of the season is kicked it will all be forgotten about. You are at the fledgeling start of something which could well be huge and will be great for the MLS. You will attract numerous quality players to play in seasons 2 onwards as people begin to see the management follow through on their promises. Lampard is but one player, yes a quality player but ask yourself this.

Would you rather have a Frank Lampard who is going through the motions in the MLS because he is there when really he still wants to be over here in the Premier league or would you rather have a players who puts in 110% week in week out as he wants to be there.

After watching Lampard's reaction after he scored yesterday I know where he wants to be and that is what really matters. A massive shame for you guys as you will miss out for at least the early part of this season on a top quality player but I only want players who want to be at my club and I am sure you guys feel the same.

With reference to the offshoot thing nobody really thinks of Melbourne / NYCFC / Yokohama as inferior to MCFC but MCFC was the long established club and the first club the guys in Abu Dhabi got into bed with. Yes some of us were sceptical but it has been brilliant for our club and also for the region as a whole. A new college, Leisure centre, social housing initiatives and a couple of Premierships to boot. You look at the model and if NYCFC can get their roots laid down then you may well find that a bit of self promotion of Abu Dhabi as a tourist destination is a small price to pay.

Although the whole Lampard thing is leaving a bitter taste in your mouths right now as soon as the first ball of the season is kicked it will all be forgotten about. You are at the fledgeling start of something which could well be huge and will be great for the MLS. You will attract numerous quality players to play in seasons 2 onwards as people begin to see the management follow through on their promises. Lampard is but one player, yes a quality player but ask yourself this.

Would you rather have a Frank Lampard who is going through the motions in the MLS because he is there when really he still wants to be over here in the Premier league or would you rather have a players who puts in 110% week in week out as he wants to be there.

After watching Lampard's reaction after he scored yesterday I know where he wants to be and that is what really matters. A massive shame for you guys as you will miss out for at least the early part of this season on a top quality player but I only want players who want to be at my club and I am sure you guys feel the same.

With reference to the offshoot thing nobody really thinks of Melbourne / NYCFC / Yokohama as inferior to MCFC but MCFC was the long established club and the first club the guys in Abu Dhabi got into bed with. Yes some of us were sceptical but it has been brilliant for our club and also for the region as a whole. A new college, Leisure centre, social housing initiatives and a couple of Premierships to boot. You look at the model and if NYCFC can get their roots laid down then you may well find that a bit of self promotion of Abu Dhabi as a tourist destination is a small price to pay.

I think the concept that is lost on most of the Mancs is the cultural identity of New Yorkers. We know when we are being scammed, we never forget, and if we think you don't want to be in our city we strongly suggest that you leave. That last one is for athletes, tourists, and even citizens. All the shiny objects in the future don't equate to forgiveness - for arrogance, dishonesty, rudeness, and disloyalty, unlike second or third tier cities who are just happy to get something or be acknowledged - our respect and loyalty cannot be bought.

Then my question would be as Frank Lampard is not a New Yorker and so doesn't necessarily have an affinity with the place would you rather he had been dis-honest to himself and after realising he was enjoying being in Manchester and after being offered the opportunity to stay went and played somewhere whilst thinking what could have been.

It is because I am a Manchester City fan that I do understand how difficult it can be and I truly believe you have not been scammed but due to circumstances and a change of heart you have been put in a position which really needs a public statement from your club.

Reactions: Goodfella

The NBA, the NFL and MLB all run rings around the world's wealthiest soccer league -- and they don't even sell their jerseys to betting websites and arab airlines.

The Premier League revenue has hit $5billion, which is more than the NBA and NHL, and that's the revenue of 20 teams compared with 30 of those leagues. There is a new TV deal for the Premier League in 2016-2019, which will probably push it past $6billion, the premier league will never catch the NFL but it might one day catch MLB in revenue.

You underestimate the stubbornness of the average New Yorker. If you earn our respect (which really isn't that hard) you become one of the family. To think that we would be fine with FL after he scores a few goals, shows how disconnected you are to the culture here. The fact that we continue to see English posters saying the same thing proves that there is something lost in translation.

The Premier League revenue has hit $5billion, which is more than the NBA and NHL, and that's the revenue of 20 teams compared with 30 of those leagues. There is a new TV deal for the Premier League in 2016-2019, which will probably push it past $6billion, the premier league will never catch the NFL but it might one day catch MLB in revenue.
Thanks for the stats. Please keep the discussion on topic. This is a reminder for anyone else, any posts that are off topic will be moved to a proper thread or removed entirely.

Then my question would be as Frank Lampard is not a New Yorker and so doesn't necessarily have an affinity with the place would you rather he had been dis-honest to himself and after realising he was enjoying being in Manchester and after being offered the opportunity to stay went and played somewhere whilst thinking what could have been.

It is because I am a Manchester City fan that I do understand how difficult it can be and I truly believe you have not been scammed but due to circumstances and a change of heart you have been put in a position which really needs a public statement from your club.

It doesn't matter where you are from - you should have an affifnity for honesty, loyalty, and transparency. Frank should have released a statement. A simple "listen guys I was never actually on your team - my agent and CFG pulled a fast one. I am not holding a coveted DP spot hostage, so don't worry. Finally, I would like to state that I wish to continue contributing to MCFC because I feel slighted a bit by Chelsea"...would have gone a long way.

You underestimate the stubbornness of the average New Yorker. If you earn our respect (which really isn't that hard) you become one of the family. To think that we would be fine with FL after he scores a few goals, shows how disconnected you are to the culture here. The fact that we continue to see English posters saying the same thing proves that there is something lost in translation.

Meh. NYC sports history is littered with liars, cheats and bad characters. The ones who won are beloved, the ones who lost are reviled. Seriously, people cheered and cheered for A-Rod in 2009. No bigger d*ckhead in recent memory, but 6 HRs and 18 RBIs in 15 games and all was forgiven. He sucked in 2011 and was hated again.

If Fat Frank arrives in August and scores a goal a game, he'll be a NY hero in no time.

Won't happen, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't.

Meh. NYC sports history is littered with liars, cheats and bad characters. The ones who won are beloved, the ones who lost are reviled. Seriously, people cheered and cheered for A-Rod in 2009. No bigger d*ckhead in recent memory, but 6 HRs and 18 RBIs in 15 games and all was forgiven. He sucked in 2011 and was hated again.

If Fat Frank arrives in August and scores a goal a game, he'll be a NY hero in no time.

Won't happen, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't.
He will be booed for a good long time, even during the world series A-rod was booed at home, and only cheered cause Yankees scored a run and then they went back to either booing or ignoring A-Rod.

Breaks my heart to inform this guy that the NBA just renewed their TV contract in October, going from 930 mil to 2.6 Billion. NBA will be up to $6.7 Billion for the 2016-2017 season. No parachute payments, no solidarity payments.

As for Lampard, this is different. Imagine if A-Rod said, "Guys the Giants or Angels want me so I'm going to play for them for a while but maybe I'll be back -- after I take a little vacation during your season. Ya know, its hard playing for those guys."

Obviously that couldn't happen in MLB but also obviously, he would never, ever be allowed back by the fans no matter which homerun or how many he hit.

Breaks my heart to inform this guy that the NBA just renewed their TV contract in October, going from 930 mil to 2.6 Billion. NBA will be up to $6.7 Billion for the 2016-2017 season. No parachute payments, no solidarity payments.

2.6 billion would still be less than what the Premier League gets in TV rights each year for 2016-2019, its split between 30 teams not 20 also the NBA contract was a 9 year one, there will probably be another increase for the Premier League in 2019-2022. This is way off topic anyway, start a new thread if you want to discuss this.

This just in a foreign league that doesn't play any of it's games in this country is not the biggest money maker when it comes to sports in this country. The fact that it is number 4 should say something. How many foreign countries haev MLB< NBA or NFL in their top spot?

I think the concept that is lost on most of the Mancs is the cultural identity of New Yorkers. We know when we are being scammed, we never forget, and if we think you don't want to be in our city we strongly suggest that you leave. That last one is for athletes, tourists, and even citizens. All the shiny objects in the future don't equate to forgiveness - for arrogance, dishonesty, rudeness, and disloyalty, unlike second or third tier cities who are just happy to get something or be acknowledged - our respect and loyalty cannot be bought.
Not true. Look at all the Red Sox that the Yankees have signed over the years welcomed with open arms and wallets by Yankee fans.

Not true. Look at all the Red Sox that the Yankees have signed over the years welcomed with open arms and wallets by Yankee fans.

Red Sox-Yankees is a different animal. We have taken their players to pad our roster, spite the Red Sox, and give them a most needed shave. I'm sure that sort of rivalry will develop in MLS for NYCFC in time, and with whom is yet to be determined, but we certainly don't want one within our own organization with MCFC.

The point is that NY accepts people who want to be here even if they are Red Sox defectors, although most fans never really bought former Red Sox players' jerseys. So your Yankee fan open wallets comment is off base - for every hundred Jeter, Ruth, Rivera, Posada, Mattingly jersey you may see one Damon...and certainly never a Youkalis.

This just in a foreign league that doesn't play any of it's games in this country is not the biggest money maker when it comes to sports in this country. The fact that it is number 4 should say something. How many foreign countries haev MLB< NBA or NFL in their top spot?

I don't really want to further derail this thread, but that's not what he's saying. The EPL is behind the major American leagues in total revenue, not just in the US. Just Google EPL revenue vs the leagues you mentioned.