New Jersey - Postmatch

I think Lewis actually defended well today and had the great slide tackle on Adams In the corner.

Credit where credit is due I think the tackle was deep in the corner at the 96th min. Lewis executed it perfectly, we haven't seen defense from him like that since he came on when we were a man down against Chicago last season. He's more than capable of playing the level of defense required to start every week when he chooses to.

Credit where credit is due I think the tackle was deep in the corner at the 96th min. Lewis executed it perfectly, we haven't seen defense from him like that since he came on when we were a man down against Chicago last season. He's more than capable of playing the level of defense required to start every week when he chooses to.
Agree. This point it really is just about consistency. He needs more than one good game defensively, and do this another 2 games, then I will say his role should be much larger than the super-sub role that he has now. If he is able to continue the defensive efforts consistently, then start to bring him on in the 60th minute, see how he handles that. If he passes that test, start the quick little shit.

Anyone else surprised that the Red Bulls hardly pressed at all last night?

THIS!....was telling my buddy this RB team felt different from others, i just feel if they pressed we would of been done for in first half. not sure if ts Armas not wanting them to press or were they just tired from their trip from vancouver

Reactions: gbservis
Not only the red card, but he was most responsible for the first goal. He failed to chase down an open ball and then abandoned his mark who ended up putting in the assist.

Really questionable move by Domé to even put him out there. We love to question personnel decisions on these boards, but that may be the worst of all time.

Spot on, Gator. Absolutely terrible decision make this game his first start. I was FURIOUS when he lost that 50/50 ball and then it turned into a goal and I almost ruptured something.

We had 52% possession for the game down 1 man for 60 minutes and down 2 for 30.

this made no sense at all statistically. i still think its a VERY bad result for RB. Felt like we were close to the winner then they were many times in second half. I remember a couple of times they had guys on wings wide open to make runs and barely did.

Our bug of injuries really killed us with the options available off the bench..... the only thing better than imagining Berget’s Viking roar if he had buried that cross to Wallace, would be the the acrobatic sequence Taty would have concocted when he buried it, because surely a bicycle kick would have been too simple and he’d have engineered a double twisting scissor kick into the back of the net :)

Fck, who am I kidding, he’s technically sound and would have done the easy thing with a diving header.

Call me crazy, but as long as we have a healthy team, I kind of want RB in the playoffs. Leave chainsmoker and Mata at home and frankly I don’t think Medina would have done well last night with the physical play, but 11v11 with the options of a healthy Berget, Taty, and a finally trusted Lewis and we have the firepower to go at them. And me thinks Herrera could be back by then too.....

That pass was actually the worst part of the whole sequence for me. Just a little better and Villa is 1v1 on the keeper. The whole play was an amazing showcase of Villa's quality from the run to picking out the best pass.
Yup, IMO that was much much worse than the lack of finish.

I know he could have gotten any body part on it, and that's quite easy to say right now, a bit more difficult to make that split second decision when it's coming at you and you may not be sure if you need some kind of pace on it. It was still an awkward height that Rodney could have done better on. But I've seen many other, more talented players miss the same.

But he really had a chance to play Villa in for a fantastic chance before that, and Villa was feeling it. I'd feel pretty confident putting money down that had Villa been played in, he would have buried it last night.

Also, did anyone else notice the TIFO was actually incorrect? It said FC Lokomotive Leipzig instead of SSV Markranstädt. While I like the idea of the TIFO, that is quite a glaring oversight by someone.

Yikes! I didn't know that. I retract my statement that the tifo was fire.

Also, someone posted that Montreal did a similar tifo some time ago. Not too mad at that but damn...

Ofori didn't tackle BWP. That's two men running for a ball and BWP hits it away and tries to slow himself but Ofori is still going forward and happens to hit is hoot down where BWP stuck his leg. Not a red card for me.

Was going to scream "Adam!" as you passed by me going out of your section (right where you exited the section I was standing right above you lol.) but I figured it'd be awkward at the timing of the game so I didn't.

Dude, say hi next time!

Yikes! I didn't know that. I retract my statement that the tifo was fire.

Also, someone posted that Montreal did a similar tifo some time ago. Not too mad at that but damn...
A tifo should have something to do with the team you support -- that tifo could have been appropriately held up at any of 21 other stadiums.

Last year when Herrera was sent off against the Fire, Vieira switched to a 2-man front, playing a 4-3-2 instead of the usual 9-man 4-4-1. At halftime, he moved Lewis, who was already playing , up front to pair with Villa. He said he was inspired by Chile in the Copa America final against Argentine.

Last night, at halftime, Dome inserted Berget and paired him up front with Villa.

In both games we very successfully played more aggressively than teams often do down a man. I doubt Dome knew about that from the game last year, though I suppose Villa could have told him at halftime. I love that despite their differences, Dome and Vieira share this instinct to play on the front foot when down a man, at least at home.

Last edited:
A tifo should have something to do with the team you support -- that tifo could have been appropriately held up at any of 21 other stadiums.

I agree, just seemed like petty name calling that had nothing to do with our team. What was worse though is that I'd bet 80% of the stadium had no idea what it meant, I'm sure everyone on here got it be we are not typical fans. Going for a petty shot solely directed at the other club that requires an intricate understanding of the history and relationship between multiple clubs across the world was a massive waste of one of our largest TIFOs of the year.

Spot on, Gator. Absolutely terrible decision make this game his first start. I was FURIOUS when he lost that 50/50 ball and then it turned into a goal and I almost ruptured something.
I’m totally on board with Dome. He’s what, 6-2-3? That’s a great record. However, I hate the excuses he’s making for Lewis. His claim that Lewis is young and not right for certain situations is one thing. To then start two brand new players with little to no training and then one gets injured and the other has a bad game and gives up possession leading to goal and a red card.. those are obvious errors in judgement.

You can say the same about the picture of Lawrence and Tinnerholm. The TV broadcast showed the same angle a few times, and it looked like he threw his forearm into Tinnerholm’s chest. A card for sure, but probably not red. The screen shot (same angle) looks worse. Maybe there is another angle out there that shows contact with the head or neck, but based on what we have, it’s hard to get too worked up.

Straight punch to the face.

39883855_304316323666310_134772234047717376_n.png

I’m totally on board with Dome. He’s what, 6-2-3? That’s a great record. However, I hate the excuses he’s making for Lewis. His claim that Lewis is young and not right for certain situations is one thing. To then start two brand new players with little to no training and then one gets injured and the other has a bad game and gives up possession leading to goal and a red card.. those are obvious errors in judgement.

Real.

It's clearly heavily involved politics and it's sad to see. Especially for our young domestic players. We will continually "lose" players like Gio Reyna because of it.