New Jersey - Postmatch

I agree, just seemed like petty name calling that had nothing to do with our team. What was worse though is that I'd bet 80% of the stadium had no idea what it meant, I'm sure everyone on here got it be we are not typical fans. Going for a petty shot solely directed at the other club that requires an intricate understanding of the history and relationship between multiple clubs across the world was a massive waste of one of our largest TIFOs of the year.
I agree. While I liked the TIFO, they had so many other options, and seeing TIFO's about our team are a lot more enjoyable. Make a play on "Big Apple" with a pineapple, is better than last night's TIFO.

i know it was already mentioned by someone else real early on in this thread but Ibeagah was definitely the man of the match for me. He was killing it back there. Additionally, i thought he made Sweat look way better than he really was. Sweat kept getting beat out for pace all game down the wing and Ibeagah would switch with him to cover over and make the play.

Overall, i did not think our defense was any kind of a real issue today. Biggest issue to me was the midfield not linking up with the forwards. Amagat had zero positive impact on the game and i thought we played way better without him.

Not going to defend wallace because fuck that pass to villa was worse than his blown chance. But after that he had a solid pass to Ring in the box that for some reason ring dummied?

Overall loved the heart of the team and the passion of the fans. Fuck the refs tho

Just a prediction here: injuries will force us to see more of Amagat after the suspension. He will work hard to salvage his reputation and adjust to the speed of the game. And we will be praising his calm on the ball at some point in the future.

Also, I’m a huge Tinner fan but he really shit the bed last night. For all of the dumping on Wallace for his bad pass to Villa, at least it went into space and didn’t totally destroy the attack. Tinner kept banging passes and crosses straight at defenders all night. I hope this isn’t the start of a slump like Ring’s recent one.

Straight punch to the face.

39883855_304316323666310_134772234047717376_n.png
Wow! Just wow!!!

Reactions: snugglefarts
M
Just a prediction here: injuries will force us to see more of Amagat after the suspension. He will work hard to salvage his reputation and adjust to the speed of the game. And we will be praising his calm on the ball at some point in the future.

Also, I’m a huge Tinner fan but he really shit the bed last night. For all of the dumping on Wallace for his bad pass to Villa, at least it went into space and didn’t totally destroy the attack. Tinner kept banging passes and crosses straight at defenders all night. I hope this isn’t the start of a slump like Ring’s recent one.
Tinnerholm was so frustrating offensively last night. He did his job defensively, but felt like he killed any attack on his side by crossing or passing it right to the red team. He was 11/22 on long passes in the offensive zone yesterday

In non-game related stuff, I thought the Blue Man Group appearance was the sort of thing that seems inevitable in retrospect, yet still clever. I'm surprised nobody thought of it before.

Also thanks to FredMertz FredMertz for letting me use his Champions Suite seats tonight. It was great having a different view of the game, and especially being right behind our goal those last 2o minutes.

giphy.gif

Me in the stands:
“Ohh no, Wallace!” When he plays that horrendous pass.

Mumbles to self “Villas going to get there”

“WALLLAAAACCCCEEEE!!!!!!” (Let’s pretend that’s all I said.)

I brought my terp gf and all I kept screaming was “you fucking turtle!” The gator a few rows behind me was amused. The terp to my left was not.

Reactions: Dnigly13

I think we all just want to chalk it up to a terrible off night for him. He's been consistently strong. He was aboslutely awful though.

I think we all just want to chalk it up to a terrible off night for him. He's been consistently strong. He was aboslutely awful though.

may be a very unpopular opinion but i think hes gotten a little to confident taking some shots the past few games from really bad angles because hes had a few that have worked for him. times where i thought he should have made a pass or a cross and ended up taking a trash shot instead.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
may be a very unpopular opinion but i think hes gotten a little to confident taking some shots the past few games from really bad angles because hes had a few that have worked for him. times where i thought he should have made a pass or a cross and ended up taking a trash shot instead.
I don't think he took many shots (if any?) last night. But he definitely tried to cross it into the box on several occasions that were awful crosses. He just had a bad night last night offensively, even though he was able to get the ball in some decent spots.

He did play well defensively though IMO.

i know it was already mentioned by someone else real early on in this thread but Ibeagah was definitely the man of the match for me. He was killing it back there. Additionally, i thought he made Sweat look way better than he really was. Sweat kept getting beat out for pace all game down the wing and Ibeagah would switch with him to cover over and make the play.

Overall, i did not think our defense was any kind of a real issue today. Biggest issue to me was the midfield not linking up with the forwards. Amagat had zero positive impact on the game and i thought we played way better without him.

Not going to defend wallace because fuck that pass to villa was worse than his blown chance. But after that he had a solid pass to Ring in the box that for some reason ring dummied?

Overall loved the heart of the team and the passion of the fans. Fuck the refs tho

Ibeagah was great and since I give him a lot of crap credit to Sweat he owned every 50/50 in the air that came down his side in the second half. The whole team at the back Sweat/Johnson/Chanot/Ibeagah stayed consistently focused and brought the intensity the entire match, never a let down from any of the crap or all the cards happening in front of them.

Ibeagah was great and since I give him a lot of crap credit to Sweat he owned every 50/50 in the air that came down his side in the second half. The whole team at the back Sweat/Johnson/Chanot/Ibeagah stayed consistently focused and brought the intensity the entire match, never a let down from any of the crap or all the cards happening in front of them.
TBF I think Sweat ended up matched against Connor Lade... ;)