New Jersey - Postmatch

All we can do is hope for league review at this point. Complete shit officiating. Even worse is watching Unkel walk his teammate off from the dust up.

Penso pointed at his chest to the NYCFC bench that complained.

Unfortunately this view isn't available to video review. (We need more live TV camera angles at Yankee Stadium).

But this will be submitted as evidence to the Disciplinary Committee. But I bet they don't do anything to overturn or change the decisions from this match.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I was going to respond to one of the posts about Lewis to describe Dome furiously screaming and waving at him to get back and cover on D (Jonah, Jonah, Johah), but didn't want to focus on the negative. Given that the BTS captures some of this (and includes Villa joining the chorus), figured the cat is out of the bag. It looked really bad in real time - he comes in with the freshest legs, 2 men down, in desperate minutes to save the point, and he was completely disinterested in helping out. I couldn't believe it. If he can't defend under those circumstances, it's very sadly a lost cause. (And I am one of the supporters).

I actually thought that Louis did just what he was supposed to last night. He was brought on to run around and harass the Red Bull’s and expend a lot of energy. He did that and was effective. Now, it’s possible he wasn’t positioned where he was supposed to be at times, but there wasn’t a lack of effort.

Nothing in the rules says it has to be deliberate, does it? If it’s deliberate, it’s a card. Otherwise, it can still be an infraction, right?
this is direct from the FIFA 2018/19 Laws of the game

39950264_249120082402363_4695757920187449344_n.png

Thanks for tracking this down before I could.

Basically there has to be some kind of intent. This could be reaching out to touch the ball; it could be failing to pull an arm back when there is a chance to do so; it could be putting your arm out in an unnatural position in order to increase the chance a ball hits your arm (i.e. making yourself big). I don’t think any of those things are really true when a ball deflects off your own foot and caroms into your arm.

I actually thought that Louis did just what he was supposed to last night. He was brought on to run around and harass the Red Bull’s and expend a lot of energy. He did that and was effective. Now, it’s possible he wasn’t positioned where he was supposed to be at times, but there wasn’t a lack of effort.
Glad you said it! I was watching him and thought he gave 110% pressing and tracking. Wonder which instances he should have been dropping?

Whatever Lewis’ intent was or wasn’t, he wasn’t tracking back on a few occasions as apparently Dome (and others) expected him to. That includes me, after he gave the ball away a couple of times and just stood still as the play went the other way. It was really bad. He otherwise did a nice job using his energy to carry the ball and apply some pressure. But he was caught checking out when he shouldn’t have (it very well may not have been effort, just awareness). Just my observations of his play and the reactions.

If anyone wants another look or didn’t record, they are replaying the game at 7 on FS.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Watching again with my kid, and just noticed after the ref gave Ofori the second red, Lawrence and Kaku started laughing and fist knocked each other. Not laughing now boys.

Reactions: The Toe and canchon
Whatever Lewis’ intent was or wasn’t, he wasn’t tracking back on a few occasions as apparently Dome (and others) expected him to. That includes me, after he gave the ball away a couple of times and just stood still as the play went the other way. It was really bad. He otherwise did a nice job using his energy to carry the ball and apply some pressure. But he was caught checking out when he shouldn’t have (it very well may not have been effort, just awareness). Just my observations of his play and the reactions.
Yeah, I noticed this as well. While there were examples of him tracking back, and that great tackle in the corner, there were several times we gave the ball away on an attack and he didn't track back while others that had been in the whole game did.

I went to the Adidas store event tonight and asked Eloi about el tarjeta rojo in my kindergarten-level Spanish. He immediately stopped me and said it was the correct call...

And in case anyone was wondering, Alex Ring was the only player who understood that spinning is not allowed in foosball.

And PS, Villa was the only player that didn't show up.

Last edited:
I went to the Adidas store event tonight and asked Eloi about el tarjeta rojo in my kindergarten-level Spanish. He immediately stopped me and said it was the correct call...

And in case anyone was wondering, Alex Ring was the only player who understood that spinning is not allowed in foosball.

And PS, Villa was they only player that didn't show up.
Of course you can't spin, who doesn't know that? smh.

Reactions: roxfontaine

So you're saying that the conspiracy has gotten to Dome.

THE PINEAPPLE HAS BEEN COMPROMISED!
REPEAT
THE PINEAPPLE HAS BEEN COMPROMISED!

giphy.gif

My takeaways from this match:
1. While yes we got two red cards, one of them is completely unimportant for future games as we're likely to never see his face again anyway, and the other we're just gonna appeal to PRO and they're going to rescind it.
2. Rodney. Fucking. Wallace. What if he just plays defense, honestly? He makes great tackles, but he had two chances for a winner and fluffed them both.
3. Villa is a god no matter how old he gets, and the effort just shines through.
4. Dome is at fault tonight. He played a person who has NEVER played for us before, showed zero passion and was invisible for 40 minutes, and then got a red card. However,
5. For the first time since... idk even when, we played a real derby match. That was some intense shit. The players were going at each other, you could really feel the passion in some of the players.
6. Ofori looked awful in the first half. Second half started, he looked amazing, so Geiger told Unkel to send him off so he couldn't rip apart RB anymore.
7. Berget changed the game. Too bad he came off, because I think we could have won with him for 45'.
8. Even though we tied, that was by far one of, if not THE best NYCFC game I've been to yet.
9. Thank you RB for bringing us back to our pre-montreal look in the second half. We looked (at least imo) a lot closer to what we were playing during our hot streak.
10. Chanot is a brick wall. Amazing tonight. His first touches to bring the ball down were amazing, but Ibeagha HAS TO STOP THE HAND UP OFFSIDE STOP RUNNING THING. Pisses me off. Ethan white and Brillant used to do that, and other teams would beat the offside trap and run rings around Saudners.
11. I spotted someone in the section in front of me... (Sorry it's so blurry...)

ETA

12. Because I'm dumb and forgot to add it...
Ted Unkel is the biggest joke this planet has ever seen. There has never been a worse referee in the history of this sport. He can go back to the farm and suck his big red bull's balls.
Who did you spot?

And what is up with your photo skills?

Who did you spot?

And what is up with your photo skills?
Keep reading the thread and you won't have to ask. Also, I tagged him inside the spoiler. It's quite obvious because of the orange hat.
My camera isn't the best and we were moving, I didn't notice the blurriness until I returned home.

Reactions: adam