Nycfc.com Media (nycfc Tv)

Samuel Youn

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
May 5, 2014
Manhattan, NY
I really like what MCFC.co.uk has done with their website/marketing (specifically CityTV). Considering that NYCFC has the same website skeleton as MCFC.co.uk, hopefully we can expect the same.

MCFC have done a great job with weekly "Inside City" episodes which allow fans to see what happens behind the scenes in the club. They have also followed suit of the FA's tunnel cam. When the new website launched with the Sheikh's backing I felt much more of a connection to the club even though I had never even been there. (Most big clubs require additional payment for this type of content)

I think that if NYCFC was able to do some behind the scene videos of the early stages of the club the fanbase would grow and the community would become closer. I know this probably takes a lot of resources but any behind-the-scenes footage/news would give all of us earlier fans something to chew on.

I remember Seattle Sounders did a great job with their first website for their first season. They had lots of behind the scenes access just as MCFC did and it was great to see the club grow.

I know things have just started coming along, but here's to hoping that they clue us in on any developments.

I've advocated this before, and it's one of the things that I really hope they do. MCFC have won a number of awards in the last season for their fan engagement, and this stuff is at the heart of it. If NYCFC do the same thing then I think they're onto a winner from the start.

I'm still hoping they update their website to fit the MLS style format that every other mls team has for their website.

I really like what MCFC.co.uk has done with their website/marketing (specifically CityTV). Considering that NYCFC has the same website skeleton as MCFC.co.uk, hopefully we can expect the same.

MCFC have done a great job with weekly "Inside City" episodes which allow fans to see what happens behind the scenes in the club. They have also followed suit of the FA's tunnel cam. When the new website launched with the Sheikh's backing I felt much more of a connection to the club even though I had never even been there. (Most big clubs require additional payment for this type of content)

I think that if NYCFC was able to do some behind the scene videos of the early stages of the club the fanbase would grow and the community would become closer. I know this probably takes a lot of resources but any behind-the-scenes footage/news would give all of us earlier fans something to chew on.

I remember Seattle Sounders did a great job with their first website for their first season. They had lots of behind the scenes access just as MCFC did and it was great to see the club grow.

I know things have just started coming along, but here's to hoping that they clue us in on any developments.
Petition Zach, Brian, Andres and the others on the board. I actually emailed them last night on this subject. If more of us want this we should bring it to their attention.

Edit: misread your post. I initially thought you were referring to SG videos. So I guess I'll explain myself a little further.

I think it'd be cool to document via video, this process. Starting from our first official meeting. If anyone has any videography experience or know any film students who want an interesting project to work on.

It'd be a cool way to document our birth and growth.

Last edited:
Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Petition Zach, Brian, Andres and the others on the board. I actually emailed them last night on this subject. If more of us want this we should bring it to their attention.

Edit: misread your post. I initially thought you were referring to SG videos. So I guess I'll explain myself a little further.

I think it'd be cool to document via video, this process. Starting from our first official meeting. If anyone has any videography experience or know any film students who want an interesting project to work on.

It'd be a cool way to document our birth and growth.

Not sure if you are referring to petitioning for MCFC to create media for us or petitioning for the community to create videos. In either case, both are good ideas. Let me know what we should do.

Regarding recording our first fan meeting:

Great idea. This would help us show the club we are serious, grow our own community and be great for the record keeping of the club.

I have a colleague and an intern at my company that work solely on creating and editing videos. I will ask them if they would like to be involved or if they know of anyone who would be interested.

Not sure if you are referring to petitioning for MCFC to create media for us or petitioning for the community to create videos. In either case, both are good ideas. Let me know what we should do.

Regarding recording our first fan meeting:

Great idea. This would help us show the club we are serious, grow our own community and be great for the record keeping of the club.

I have a colleague and an intern at my company that work solely on creating and editing videos. I will ask them if they would like to be involved or if they know of anyone who would be interested.
I misread your post, got over excited. I meant, petitioning the SG Board. Let them know it's something we'd like to see.

We can also petition NYC FC for more videos. The worst that can happen is, they don't. However, as we get closer to summer and filling the roster I think the FC will become much more media friendly.

We could contact TLC to make a reality show. I'm sure they'd be all over it.
(only kidding)

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
You can watch Inside City and City Life on YES. Those shows are fantastic and show that the club really care about putting out a good product on the pitch as well as off. I hope we get a lot of that here at NYCFC.