NYCFC In The Media Thread - 2016

I left a heads up for Brooklyn fans over in the MATCHDAY forum, but allow me to post this again in case people don't surf that room.

The MTA is shutting down the tunnel between Borough Hall and Bowling Green this weekend, so there's no #4 service to the Stadium from Brooklyn. It looks like they're going to close the tunnel for repair work every weekend through the end of July.

Plan accordingly: http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/45Lines2016/index.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
12801293_559601264213334_1828086410480317082_n.jpg

One of my favorite moves (and kind of surprised it wasn't included) was that neat little stutter step he made just before dishing off to Mullins for the 2nd goal in last years home opener vs New England.
That was fantastic. I remember watching it half a dozen times in slow mo to see just how elegantly he played the ball from front foot to his back foot and back again before passing to Mullins. That goal had to be the height of 2015 optimism for the team.

That was fantastic. I remember watching it half a dozen times in slow mo to see just how elegantly he played the ball from front foot to his back foot and back again before passing to Mullins. That goal had to be the height of 2015 optimism for the team.

Yeah, the way he opened up just enough space to put the pass across the goal was so sweet. I admit I kept watching the replay as well.

Another must-watch highlight from last year was when Pirlo took a touch in MF to create enough time for Villa to check his run and get onside... and then dropped a ball right to Villa's foot as he split two defenders...boom, in the net. Against DCU I think. That was a high of 2015, DCU came in top of the table and NYCFC ran them out of the building. Of course we know now that DCU was a paper tiger.

Last edited:
Yeah, the way he opened up just enough space to put the pass across the goal was so sweet. I admit I kept watching the replay as well.

Although I would put that pass from Pirlo when Pirlo took a touch in MF to create enough time for Villa to check his run and get onside and then dropped it right to Villa who split two defenders at the same time as another "multiple-watch" highlight. Against DCU I think. That was a high of 2015, DCU came in top of the table and NYCFC ran them out of the building. Of course we know now that DCU was a paper tiger.

Fair play. That DCU game and then the first 60 minutes or so in Columbus the next week were another peak optimism point. I've watched that Pirlo pass at least two dozen times.

Didn't see a media day thread so I will post this here. I thought that it was entertaining listening to Villa's reactions to the questions about PV's vs. JK's formation. Of course he was stating the obvious, but his word choices (albeit with some restrictions in light of his English) squarely confirmed the obvious, that playing him up top alone was "wrong" and a "mistake". He also attempted to explain how JK playing players out of position was damaging, and it sounded like he specifically used Mix as an example.

Didn't see a media day thread so I will post this here. I thought that it was entertaining listening to Villa's reactions to the questions about PV's vs. JK's formation. Of course he was stating the obvious, but his word choices (albeit with some restrictions in light of his English) squarely confirmed the obvious, that playing him up top alone was "wrong" and a "mistake". He also attempted to explain how JK playing players out of position was damaging, and it sounded like he specifically used Mix as an example.
is this interview available online? I'd like to listen to this when I can find the time.