Nycfc Training Fields Thread

Trone

Registered
Apr 25, 2014
EOS twitter says they have breaking news coming, im guessing stadium

booo, they broke news about the suny purchase training ground, which we already knew about

Interesting take away though, its only a temporary deal, I always assumed the Bronx would be the stadium location since they would be training in Westchester. However since this is temporary , they very could move the trainig facility to Long Island if they go with the Queens location. In my eyes this temporary deals opens the door to alternated stadium locations, thinking it may not just be a bargaining tactic with GAL

Reactions: einwindir
Interesting take away though, its only a temporary deal, I always assumed the Bronx would be the stadium location since they would be training in Westchester. However since this is temporary , they very could move the trainig facility to Long Island if they go with the Queens location. In my eyes this temporary deals opens the door to alternated stadium locations, thinking it may not just be a bargaining tactic with GAL

Might be reading too much into it. They need grounds ASAP after PEPA decide to torpedo the initial plans and this benefits both sides: SUNY gets space without a permanent tenant, NYCFC buys some time and gets to look like a good member of the community. It's quite possible they go back to PEPA to see if they can't iron out some of the issues to get the first plan up and running again.

I Edited the title of the thread to make it a little less general than "breaking news"
Empire Of Soccer Breaks News On Suny Purchase Training Grounds
if you'd like something different, let me know and I can change it.

Its really amazing that that rinky dink group in Purchase was able to override the town's elected officials' vote. I looked up their website, it seemed like they didn;t even have much hope beyond "opposing" it of stopping it. I bet there was more to it.

Its really amazing that that rinky dink group in Purchase was able to override the town's elected officials' vote. I looked up their website, it seemed like they didn;t even have much hope beyond "opposing" it of stopping it. I bet there was more to it.

Well, they sued or were about to sue to stop it. Maybe they lose, but the injunction in the meantime would have forced NYCFC to seek another home anyway. Now NYCFC has time to ease their concerns or just plow forward and let the suit run its course.

It would have been enough of a risk/delay to make it worth seeking this opportunity. I'm assuming that when they made that initial deal, they already had this one mostly negotiated in the mean time and decided to go the easy route.

Not only is this old news, we even have pics from twitter already.

The site plan is new however:
SUNY-Purchase-620x400.jpg

I work 3 miles from here and pass within a mile everyday. I will try to swing thru and check out the new field. the sports center is top notch, the Knicks trained here for a few years and many of the Knicks and yankees live in the area. back in the late 90 and through the oughts Urban legend has it that many of the players would work out here.
the school is the top arts school in the SUNY system and has a bus that runs to Port Chesters metro north station.
Nice perk for many of the Non DP players who make less and are from countries where Mass transit is the norm

So PEPA stops the Manhattanville project because of traffic concerns, but they're ok with build a facility at Purchase which is right down the road? What a pain in the arse they are.

I went by this morning and took this pic
It looks out to center field of the baseball field on the right in the picture above
it looks like they extended out as far as possible in left field and went further in right.
whole area is flat and looked rolled. I think the pipes are for drainageResizedImage_1412779108314.jpg

I stopped by this afternoon and took 12 photos. Once I figure out how to post htem here, I will. I didn't realize how close it is to my office. I can see the fields from my office. Thinking I might stop by once every couple of weeks to check out the progress. There were two guys on tractors today moving earth. Very excited.

Reactions: MagnusPax and Vito