NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2022

If all 17 home matches and playoff games could be confirmed and not moved from Yankee Stadium there would be less upset fans. At this point it’s not the venue, we realize we’re there for a while, it’s the multiple and changing venues.

All of the usual caveats about the slipperiness of MLS salary data apply but apparently we're only the 7th-highest spenders on wages in the league.
20220517_144553.png

In most leagues around the world salary spend provides the tightest correlation to table position at the end of the season. Interesting to see how different MLS is in that regard.

Also it appears that once Insigne joins Toronto they will be doubling their salary spend and Lorenzo himself will be making as much money as the entire rest of the team combined.

All of the usual caveats about the slipperiness of MLS salary data apply but apparently we're only the 7th-highest spenders on wages in the league.
View attachment 12066

In most leagues around the world salary spend provides the tightest correlation to table position at the end of the season. Interesting to see how different MLS is in that regard.

Also it appears that once Insigne joins Toronto they will be doubling their salary spend and Lorenzo himself will be making as much money as the entire rest of the team combined.

to follow on... interactive table at the link below:

here's the shocker (sorta.. he is a DP afterall)... MARTINS is the highest paid player at 2M.

since everyone loves hearing what the MLS guys like to say bout us..

I don’t know the reason why but Jon Champion really has an anti-NYCFC bias on all of his calls for our matches. Watching replays/highlights, he always has a quip about NYCFC/Man City/CFG.

I don’t know the reason why but Jon Champion really has an anti-NYCFC bias on all of his calls for our matches. Watching replays/highlights, he always has a quip about NYCFC/Man City/CFG.

im still salty at at the game vs minnesota in their stadium opening, the 3-3. every time nycfc scores, it was "man city's satelite team" that scored. like dude this is not 2015 where you have to introduce the team to the audience.

View attachment 12102
One of the secondary benefits of Monday holidays is the Power Rankings come out on the first work day of the week and you're like, "Wait, why are the Power Rankings out?", and then you're like, "Oh yeah, it's already Tuesday. Sweet."

im still salty at at the game vs minnesota in their stadium opening, the 3-3. every time nycfc scores, it was "man city's satelite team" that scored. like dude this is not 2015 where you have to introduce the team to the audience.

I think he used the term "feeder team" which I heard again the other day while watching the TOP GOALS compilation. it was pretty irritating to hear

Reactions: Kjbert
I think he used the term "feeder team" which I heard again the other day while watching the TOP GOALS compilation. it was pretty irritating to hear

yea it was something like that, didnt even say NYCFC....we have a name you know.

This week's article put me on notice that day before our next game against Colorado, LAFC are at Seattle - a tough game for the team 3 points ahead of us in the Supporters' Shield standings.

Which made me wonder, have we ever been atop the Supporters' Shield standings? Maybe briefly in 2018?

Reactions: moogoo
This week's article put me on notice that day before our next game against Colorado, LAFC are at Seattle - a tough game for the team 3 points ahead of us in the Supporters' Shield standings.

Which made me wonder, have we ever been atop the Supporters' Shield standings? Maybe briefly in 2018?
I believe yes early when we had 16 points after six games. Later in the season when we also had 2+ PPG a few games after Torrent took over I don't think we kept up with RB, eventual shield winner with 71 points. I also think we spent most of that season a game behind them in terms of games played.

Reactions: moogoo