NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2022

I finally found a place to see the week-by-week standings - its 538s prediction page, which allows you to search past rankings back through 2017.

I did not do an exhaustive search, but I did note that we basically held the top spot in the Supporters' Shield standings through April before getting passed by Atlanta and Sporting KC.

I couldn't find another example where we held the top spot. We had slow starts in most of the other seasons that kept us below the top spot, even if we finished strong and ended up in a good position.

This vid is out 2 days and only has 80 views.
Ian Joy interviewed by the MLS UK Show guys. Very good. If nothing else I recommend the last 10 minutes or so when Ian talks about his MLS Cup experience last year. The material before that is good, but mostly going over ground that's not fresh. I had not heard Ian discuss his MLS Cup memories like this, with details that were new to me.

Also the MLS UK show is a good twitter account to follow. Just a couple of guys from the UK who like MLS and generally have fair takes.

Not in the same way that Tyler Adams went to Leipzig.
There's no way we'd be able to get someone to Man City in that capacity tho. Taty's the best young player we've had and at the very best Taty would be a first choice subsitute even if MCFC wanted him.

There's no way we'd be able to get someone to Man City in that capacity tho. Taty's the best young player we've had and at the very best Taty would be a first choice subsitute even if MCFC wanted him.

Taty not REALLY that young?

Doyle at 8:00:
"Being good at developing talent is more important for the NYCFC coach than being a good tactician."

I think that's true. CFG has a way it wants its teams to play -- no coach is reinventing the wheel. Some slight alterations here and there, but we've generally played the same way since 2016. The playing style is basically preordained and any coach we hire is going to buy into that philosophy and expand on it.

Reactions: Kjbert
...As long as apple Tv's replay is going to be as good as espn. ESPN has a very good replay ability that other platforms I've used don't have. For example fubo has a recording feature and you ahve a limit on recordings.
Good point. I just checked and the full replays of all the MLB Friday Night games so far are on the AppleTV+ site, so it's a good guess they'll do the same thing for MLS. By all accounts they're all-in. Very cool.

Reactions: JCMore