Nycfc Training Fields Thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
I think Mix actually announced this on national TV on ESPN. lol.
If this was during pre game or post game I did not hear at all as I was at banter.

Still, gotta go around my neighborhood see if I bump into them.

Mix and Khiry are in my hood on the UWS. Villa is on the UWS as well far west. Poku's buddy told me that some of the guys are living in White Plains, closer to practice.

Reactions: JGriff217
Went by the field today about 3:30 our main field is covered in plastic like you saw in the Yankee stadium time-lapse video on the team. I think works as a greenhouse and will keep tomorrows snow off the grass

FC Westchester is no more than a pay to play "elite" youth club. They've had some minor success stories. Edson Buddle played there, and I believe his dad also coached there for awhile.
Which elite teams are not "pay to play"? FC Westchester has tryouts...

Reactions: JGriff217
Man I have gone there a number of times and have no clue where the Training Center pic is. I know where the athletic facility is, across from the big green but when you go down into the parking lot I can find neither head nor tails of it.

When you go around back and are about to pull in towards the main lot down there, you will see a one lane driveway that goes up on your right. It's up there. There's a sign that says "Faculty and Staff Parking Only." But of you were there today, you would have seen the guys' cars.

When you go around back and are about to pull in towards the main lot down there, you will see a one lane driveway that goes up on your right. It's up there. There's a sign that says "Faculty and Staff Parking Only." But of you were there today, you would have seen the guys' cars.
I was not there today but I know what you're talking about. We should go down there together one day and figure out when they are on the field. Maybe catch a player or two and chat.

I was not there today but I know what you're talking about. We should go down there together one day and figure out when they are on the field. Maybe catch a player or two and chat.

I'm in

Which elite teams are not "pay to play"? FC Westchester has tryouts...

None of the elite teams are free. all are play to pay. Some may have a scholarship or two but it will cost most families several thousand a year. Only town rec leagues are cheap $50-120 a year to cover insurance, field marking supplies, equipment and uniforms

None of the elite teams are free. all are play to pay. Some may have a scholarship or two but it will cost most families several thousand a year. Only town rec leagues are cheap $50-120 a year to cover insurance, field marking supplies, equipment and uniforms

By "pay to play", I think she was implying that anyone who pays can play. That's definitely not the case.

Reactions: northernburbs