Nycfc V Redbulls Postmatch

We never really looked strong in this one. Even with the 1 goal lead we looked like the inferior team.

Lousy performance overall by the boys. Hopefully we bounce back next week!

Reactions: TommyM
What's funny is I actually really like RJ Allen going forward. He is quite good at that and was quite good at that this game... But man. His defending is the absolute worst on the team.

That midfield was awful, they couldn't string more than two passes together all game, and that was if they were lucky.
Nah, the passing was fine for the first 2/3 of the first half. They lost the thread somewhere around the 30th minute and then clearly suffered total mental collapse in the locker room at the half.

The midfield and fullbacks where none existant for that match. The wide men (midfield and fullbacks) offered little going forward but criminally simply didn't protect our flanks and often let the redbulls cherry pick crosses. The fact the central midfield didn't use the flanks in attacks nor came back to defend/give a passing option to the defense meant we ended up in a hoof ball situation, felt like watching a match of Fifa where the midfield are just something in the way of the strikers. feel bad for Facey, Saunders and Hernandez having to deal with that much pressure all match, and not getting any assistance from the midfield to pick the ball up from them and link up play (thank fuck for pirlo eh?). Villa obviously fustrated as he had to create chances for himself as the midfield simply aren't up to scratch and Poku was his usual awesome self.

Grr I say. Grr.

In one thread they talked about the tifos, saw the Jersey Boys one... There was supposed to be another one, what was it, they didn't show it on tv.
Saw the tr one but I think they took a shit on the Mosaic. I'm guessing no one wanted to do it. Showed a few fans putting the signs up and a lot with nothing. Blue and white cards. I'm thinking it was our crest. Just had very little participating.

Saw the tr one but I think they took a shit on the Mosaic. I'm guessing no one wanted to do it. Showed a few fans putting the signs up and a lot with nothing. Blue and white cards. I'm thinking it was our crest. Just had very little participating.
We should have had better crowd support. Maybe not everyone had a card to hold up?

Reactions: Kjbert
The Timbers just taught every other team in MLS how to TIFO... That was really freaking cool if anyone saw that. Will try to find a GIF.

Reactions: Kjbert