Votes: 47 26.3%
  • Hate It

Votes: 46 25.7%
  • Hate - Will Purchase To Support Club

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • Neutral

Votes: 68 38.0%

• Total voters
Hate it. If something like this is causing people to literally give their season tickets away or cause those on the fence to go the other way than that's a big issue and speaks to what this city's hopes for this club are and what the club actually is.

you have to wonder what they were thinking with this one.... surely they heard the unanimous opinion that NYC wants their OWN identity APART from manchester City..

My vote is Neutral. I love the baby blue but I was expecting originality. My hopes are still up for the away and alternative jerseys. With that being said I just pre-order 2 jerseys and can not wait for March 2015 :)

Not the worst. But then again I really dig Man City's kit. At least it's not all white with sky blue trim. That would have been bad. I probably will buy the away or third depending on what they look like.

And 60%+ love it or are neutral....

How could you expect a brand-new organization to get everything right to satisfy every fan's desire from day one?? The kit is a foundation to build off of. We wouldn't have a football club in NYC if it wasn't for Man City ownership. Completely irrational to think out first kit wouldn't be based off of Man city's. (Realistically it's just a solid shirt with a sponsor and a badge... a lot of teams have that)

There is no reason for all this negativity.
Are you blind or just don't like facts and numbers? The poll for this thread clearly shows around ~70% of the posters on this forum either HATE the kit, HATE but will buy it for the sake of club or are NEUTRAL. Only ~25% said they loved it. CLEARLY the majority don't like it.

That said, it's not the end, we don't hate NYCFC. But we expect more and expect better. It's a legitimate expectation.

Honestly this kit was exactly what I was expecting... It's our first kit and it's going to be the kit that all future kits are going to be based off of so they really didn't have much of a choice... They had to keep it simple for the first year and every year from here on in I'm sure the kit will be more and more unique to our club as we grow... Plus we still have the opportunity to have our away and third jerseys be unique to our club for this year... In the words of the great Aron Rodgers I think we all need to R-E-L-A-X... Relax... Voted Love it!!!

Reactions: ChiefBlue and Paul
Are you blind or just don't like facts and numbers? The poll for this thread clearly shows around ~70% of the posters on this forum either HATE the kit, HATE but will buy it for the sake of club or are NEUTRAL. Only ~25% said they loved it. CLEARLY the majority don't like it.

That said, it's not the end, we don't hate NYCFC. But we expect more and expect better. It's a legitimate expectation.

I'm not blind. I quotes facts and numbers.... The chart is variable... The numbers changed since I posted and your response.

It's cry baby central in this forum now. Everyone is a fashionista.

I'm buying the jersey. USMNT and NYCFC are my teams. I support my teams.

Reactions: Gazza_55
It's odd. I would expect the debate to be:

Group A: We dislike the jersey for reasons XYZ

Group B: We like the jersey for reasons ABC. And XYZ doesn't bother us.

Instead, Group B's response is: You have no right to your opinion. You are being a cry-baby, untrue fan, etc.

Sounds like it's mostly a bunch of defensive MCFC-first fans who agree with the agenda about spreading their brand, and don't really care that much about NY.

The numbers haven't changed since the poll started. You are just wrong. But that's okay,I' don't need to be right.However you started this.

As for liking the jersey, good for you. The majority of us aren't of the same opinion.

I went with neutral but will buy it for the kids and wife for sure and see what they come out with next for myself.
It's nice looking but I do understand people not liking the sameness factor.
I think a sea of them will look nice in a sold out stadium against the darker stadium seats.
If you go to the website it's already sold out in mens small, medium and XL.

It's odd. I would expect the debate to be:

Group A: We dislike the jersey for reasons XYZ

Group B: We like the jersey for reasons ABC. And XYZ doesn't bother us.

Instead, Group B's response is: You have no right to your opinion. You are being a cry-baby, untrue fan, etc.

Sounds like it's mostly a bunch of defensive MCFC-first fans who agree with the agenda about spreading their brand, and don't really care that much about NY.
I don't think that's it at all, yeah there are two or three who have talk about mcfc's brand. But group b is yeah the jersey isn't great but we will support the team. I am surprised that how many people are think this means we ARE the farm team and yeah that is a self inflicted injury, but not one we need to keep hitting ourselves with. And if you really think they are this might not be the team for you.

I don't think that's it at all, yeah there are two or three who have talk about mcfc's brand. But group b is yeah the jersey isn't great but we will support the team. I am surprised that how many people are think this means we ARE the farm team and yeah that is a self inflicted injury, but not one we need to keep hitting ourselves with. And if you really think they are this might not be the team for you.
It's amazing how ironic this post is.

Demonstrates my point perfectly with...

"If you really think...... this is not the team for you"

I voted neutral. It certainly does not look bad at all, and it is way better than say, the shudder-inducing USMNT's away jersey. However, as others have mentioned, it does not stand out as terribly unique. I think the hype about the reveal probably altered expectations and lead a lot of folks to hope for something bold and unexpected. For example, if there hadn't been any hype this jersey is almost exactly what I would have expected.

Something to make it a bit more "NYC" would have definitely been nice, say dark blue pinstripes or using the orange somehow (although that orange does not look great with the light blue...).

I will still buy, just for the collectible-ness, but I'm much more likely to wear the away or third if they look better.

Reactions: Gene
@Buckley Posted this yesterday, maybe it's the new away jersey:

index.php

That's not accurate. It's more of an even split if I had to guess. The poll is flawed because it offers more options for not liking the jersey. There should be another option along the lines of "It's solid, I'm fine with it." You would get more of those people who voted Neutral voting for this. Or just remove "Hate - Will Purchase To Support Club". This poll favors the folks that aren't happy with the jersey, and only offers one option for those who like it or love it.