RBNY Postgame

Two other things on the game:

-RBNY was so much more physical, and the ref was atrocious. It was as if they could thump our players at will with little chance of a foul and none of a card - the tackle on Pirlo was criminal. I remember another reckless challenge on him which was labeled "I want to tell my kids that I tackled Pirlo". Collin also pulled down Brilliant in the box when it was 1-0. It was so MLS 1.0, the "I'm just going to run and thump you for 90 minutes."

This is not why NYCFC lost, it was because the D can't defend 5 foot whatever Dax on a counter, give Grella the space of Messi on the side (seriously, compare our players with the ball trying to cross, manned right up vs Allen giving Grella 5 ft of space), can't clear the ball or body up BWP, and basically can't defend a corner to save their lives. 4 goals on corners - the only upside is that this is fixable.

But the red helped RBNY's tactical "run fast and hit hard" tactics.

Lets talk about something funny. Not sure if this was mentioned above, but how about them introducing Frank as "Super Frank Lampard" when he came on in the 75th minute of a 5-0 game after missing the whole season and generally drawing the ire of the fanbase?

Was that the PA guy being ironic or was it just some much needed unintentional comedy? Either way, it was probably the most enjoyable moment of the match for me other than getting to see Jack.

Yes the announcer clearly said "super" Frank Lampard. I don't know if the announcer was drunk by then or was completely tone-deaf. Another "are you kidding me" moment from the team.

Reactions: NickFromAstoria
Enough has been said about the shitshow, but I'd like to focus on our SGs. Where the fuck were they???? Really Third Rail? WTF was that???? That entire section was dead from the start of the match. Red Juices SGs were loud as shit and took over the atmosphere of the stadium. We have ZERO home field advantage. How long is it going to take them to get their shit together? Do they still refuse to get a capo?
They keep fighting like girls scout's, no offence to actual g s

Agreed - it's not at all why we lost, and we've certainly been on the benefit of the other end (and will be again), but I am scratching my head trying to figure out how we came out of that with more yellows than they did... (and honestly, how the hell did RJ not get one for shoving someone to the ground?!). I felt like at least one of our yellows were to appease their players after they started a shoving match/fight.

There were quite a few really clear no-calls (such as the flying tackle on Pirlo, and at least 2 others on Pirlo and Villa) right in front of me that were baffling. And then one that got called that was pretty much a dive from Pirlo. So odd.

And at least 1 instance in the first half where Villa was not offside was called offside. I don't get how someone with Villa's experience *still* puts himself that offside so regularly though. And the replay (and the ball changing direction) showed a clear deflection on one of his shots that was called a goal kick.

But what it comes down to is we just looked awful. And didn't do anything to change it. Ugh.

Two other things on the game:
-RBNJ was so much more physical, and the ref was atrocious. It was as if they could thump our players at will with little chance of a foul and none of a card - the tackle on Pirlo was criminal. I remember another reckless challenge on him which was labeled "I want to tell my kids that I tackled Pirlo". Collin also pulled down Brilliant in the box when it was 1-0. It was so MLS 1.0, the "I'm just going to run and thump you for 90 minutes."

Reactions: Ulrich
Flights and match tickets sorted for the 3rd .... straight to Ryan's Daughter to sort you lot out.

This can never be repeated.

Mine is a mild.

Lets talk about something funny. Not sure if this was mentioned above, but how about them introducing Frank as "Super Frank Lampard" when he came on in the 75th minute of a 5-0 game after missing the whole season and generally drawing the ire of the fanbase?

Was that the PA guy being ironic or was it just some much needed unintentional comedy? Either way, it was probably the most enjoyable moment of the match for me other than getting to see Jack.

I completely missed that. I didn't even hear him being subbed in. Was this the new PA announcer or the old one?

I completely missed that. I didn't even hear him being subbed in. Was this the new PA announcer or the old one?

It was the regular guy. They waited at least 30-45 seconds before announcing it. People booed him when he came on, then more people booed when he was announced. It was ugly.

Managers in other leagues get fired for that shit. I don't think we should, but holy fuck was that embarrassing.

Reactions: Ulrich and Paul
No feedback read:

Fuck a Lopez in midfield and anyone who thought it was a good idea. Horrible performance, but entirely expected by one Midas.

Fuck PV for giving up and not making a change going into 2nd half.

Harrison looks promising.

Haven't even seen the press conference yet, but a performance like this in any league means your job is in question. I damn sure hope that is the case with PV. IT WAS ATROCIOUS.

Also, my friends tell me my criticism of him from BES was clearly radioed back and I was called into questioning by Securitas. It was resolved when the captain said "we fuckin' suck" and I pointed out that I had only said the same thing without the "f" bomb. But still. The fact that there are people on the field listening to what we bellow from the stands is grotesque. And it's not the first time. And frankly, there's no strong enough criticism for the shit PV pulled tonight. He quit before the team.

Just threw my jersey in the wash and took a shower. Gotta wash today's filth off me. Cheers to fresh starts

Reactions: Acupofbeans
Enough has been said about the shitshow, but I'd like to focus on our SGs. Where the fuck were they???? Really Third Rail? WTF was that???? That entire section was dead from the start of the match. Red Juices SGs were loud as shit and took over the atmosphere of the stadium. We have ZERO home field advantage. How long is it going to take them to get their shit together? Do they still refuse to get a capo?
You don't really need a capo, just a core group of fans who are dedicated, know the chants and take the initiative to get things started when the noise dies down. Being in an SG is very much a pack mentality -- people will follow along on the songs, but you can't get anything going if everyone is just standing around looking at each other.

People need to be more active in the stands, and I think too much of the diehard/SG energy is being wasted on silly crap like taking selfies with smoke bombs and bandanas, spouting off on Twitter to rival fans and obsessing over building up your Instagram and Twitter follower account with photos of the latest team 'swag'.

If the SGs just focused on cheering the team on, and got more organized and started pushing the members to participate in more songs, things would improve. But if they want to waste their time being keyboard warriors online, things aren't going to change and the section is going to continue to disappoint.

The team isn't going to go anywhere if they can't get the results at home. Yankee Stadium for the second year running is the least intimidating atmosphere in the league for a visiting team to play in. NYCFC has the least amount of home wins across the league.

I think a positive from this loss can be that it forces self-reflection on how to better the NYCFC atmosphere. But the change is only going to be made if people look within and stop worrying about who one-upped one another online.

You don't really need a capo, just a core group of fans who are dedicated, know the chants and take the initiative to get things started when the noise dies down. Being in an SG is very much a pack mentality -- people will follow along on the songs, but you can't get anything going if everyone is just standing around looking at each other.

People need to be more active in the stands, and I think too much of the diehard/SG energy is being wasted on silly crap like taking selfies with smoke bombs and bandanas, spouting off on Twitter to rival fans and obsessing over building up your Instagram and Twitter follower account with photos of the latest team 'swag'.

If the SGs just focused on cheering the team on, and got more organized and started pushing the members to participate in more songs, things would improve. But if they want to waste their time being keyboard warriors online, things aren't going to change and the section is going to continue to disappoint.

The team isn't going to go anywhere if they can't get the results at home. Yankee Stadium for the second year running is the least intimidating atmosphere in the league for a visiting team to play in. NYCFC has the least amount of home wins across the league.

I think a positive from this loss can be that it forces self-reflection on how to better the NYCFC atmosphere. But the change is only going to be made if people look within and stop worrying about who one-upped one another online.

I'm not in the supporters section, in fact I was closer to home plate tonight. Frankly, you can't expect fans of a team to be loud and boisterous when the scoreboard looks like that. It's a two-way street between the players and the supporters.

I won't lie, I was cheering for a snowman once they hit 5.

Why? I want PV to stop getting a damn pass from the press. He was shit today.

And let one motherfucker who has been praising Mikey Goddamn Lopez show his face. Do I need to post a link to what I thought would happen to him in this match? He's an ADHD teen trying to finger bang the prom queen. Fucking worthless when it matters. If you need me to tell you that, you shouldn't be managing first division footy.

Maybe PV can pull it back, but this is grounds for dismissal in any other league. CFG can lick my salty twins.

They need to get their shit together.

I'm not in the supporters section, in fact I was closer to home plate tonight. Frankly, you can't expect fans of a team to be loud and boisterous when the scoreboard looks like that. It's a two-way street between the players and the supporters.
Agree completely. But there were times when the team was 1-0 and 2-0 down -- with the game still within reach -- yet all the SGs checked out for the day.

Reactions: JayH
I'm trying to calm the rage.
That was an insult to us all.
New Jersey had all the luck.
But that defending defies description.
Basics. We were clueless from set pieces.
Saunders had a nightmare, but he wasn't alone.

How the f do we come back from this.
Any other league in the world, PV gets walking papers.

Best thing of the night:
Lampard got his fat ass booed when he came on. It wasn't arguable. It was decisive.