Redbulls Postgame

Mix was sleeping the entire match. Well, we got swept.

Sorry. I usually appreciate your cynicism, but you've lost your damn mind if you believe that. It was so predictable we were done when he came off. I mentioned it to AJS, and we both knew another goal was coming and our attack was dead when he went off. He was our motor the whole night.

Kreis really fucked up his subs, honestly. Lampard and Jacobsen should've left at 60-70 for me. Get Poku and Mullins on and try to salvage the season.

We wasted a year Waiting for Lampard. Honestly, any MCFC fans on this forum now who really want to challenge our irritation over it are looking at it through a biased lens. Many here called it. It has come to pass.

RIP NYCFC 2015 Inaugural season. Died 12/31/14.

Oh, and Saunders horseshoe finally fell out of his ass. Hard to clench that hard for this long. He was borderline garbage.

This too. He also takes forever to kick or throw the ball and when he does he does it like shit. He played great early on, most likely because he feared competition from the other GK's and the fan support. But now he needs to earn his starting role I think.

You know your committed to the team when you feel physically ill after watching a performance like that...

Anyway here are my weekly thoughts...

(in no particular order...because who gives a fuck at this point with the way we played)

Jacobson- Useless and utter shit. Red card waiting to happen. Gave us nothing defensively. I would hope that the tactical geniuses in the formation thread will take him out o their "perfect" lineups, as he is anything but perfect. Offers us nothing. Would much rather us use that spot for a second striker up front or one of our better midfielders.

Our three dps - so shitty almost made Jacobson look good.

Did Pirlo and Villa smoke something before the game? They were so far gone. Those passes and shots? Jesus Christ.... You know its bad when o the three DPs fat frank was probably the best of them and he was mediocre at best so you know thats saying something. He should of had a goal but....i dont even know anymore..

Pirlo was a ghost for a large portion of the game and Villa's shots were something out of a bollywood horror film in technicolor.

Almost Dps-

Mix. I thought he was great personally. A fucking workhorse up and down up and down. Sure he didnt anticipate a few passes but overall best midfielder today (if that is saying anything) He is one of our younger and more promising DPs yet he was subbed off for Calle who later got injured? What the fuck. Mix needs to play Kreis you fucking loon. Prilo and Lampard were fucking gassed they should o been subbed off not Mix.

Calle- Why is he coming on? Hes nothing special and will be gone at the end o the season anyway (we arent paying a Million for him) Instead of wasting minutes on a guy who will be gone soon give it too people who will most likely be here for the long run and develop with us. Shit substitution.

Mena - Despite that one fluke goal he was solid tonight IMHO. Great 1 v 1. People shouldnt try to scapegoat him tonight. He wasnt the problem. When you are taking that kind of pressure constantly in the backline you need to zoom in on the faults in the midfield who couldnt even win back possession most o the time.

Overall the back line wasnt terrible. We couldn't keep possession in the midfield, and we had no offense, the back line was hammered time and time again.

Angelino - a god. Sign him as a DP. Drop Lampard.

Iraola - Wasnt bad wasnt good. Typical from him...

Poku- Solid but should of started.

Grabavoy - he will be starting next week.

Lost to the redbulls again. Cant win a fucking Derby. Cant find the back of the net. Cant keep possession. Cant complete a pass. Terrible first touches. Terrible corners (Pirlo wtf) the team is a utter clusterfuck. No leadership, no chemistry, no drive outside a few players (Mix) and the coach? Hes a fucking schmuck.

We need a better formation. Our defense is what it is. We are better off at this point just thinking complete offense. We need 2 up front. Hell even 3 with Poku being some sort of CF. We played good with a 4-3-3 earlier in the season.

We need a new coach who can inspire and do something other than criticize and sub off mix and think he is some tactical genius that just needs to be recognized by some hipster in Brooklyn.

We could of gone up in the first half but we seem to just giveup and lose all momentum in many games. Its ucking depressing. We really did seem like the better teams at moments but we just couldnt keep any constituency at all.

Ive given up hope on the playoffs. Sure many others have aswell.

Oh wait how can I forget the referee? He takes the prize from Kreis this week for the main reason we didnt win the game. Complete and utter shit he was.

New York is a fickle place. Hopefully we dont bleed fans and support. Thats my biggest fear more than anything.

Fuck the Red Bulls.

I'm rather impressed that you remained sober enough to string so many correct observations together. You must have started at halftime when there was still hope.

So pissed at Lampard, MCFC, Reyna and Kreis right now. NJRB played a great game today and there is no shame in losing to them. If we had had this squad from the beginning we would have won so many games by now we could laugh this off. But as it is it's the nail in the coffin that is this season.

Am I excited to cheer on this team vs DC on Thursday? Hell yes. But what could have been . . .

Was anyone who is saying Mix was poor actually at the match? Actually, apply that statement to the entire year.

He was what he always is: our most important player. Tonight, I thought he really stood out as being the only guy giving us a real impetus on offense and defense.

This too. He also takes forever to kick or throw the ball and when he does he does it like shit. He played great early on, most likely because he feared competition from the other GK's and the fan support. But now he needs to earn his starting role I think.
I'm going with the horseshoe in the ass rather than competition. He has no identifiable skill that you can point to being in tune for his good run of form.

Reactions: Gavin23
Lampard was very rusty, but he was running in and taking shots. He was giving an effort, which is more than i can say for Villa and Pirlo.

Mix and Tmac were good. Actually breaking up the wings at points. Providing movement is something we sorely lack and they brought it.

I cant understand what Jacobson is supposed to be? He was invisible.

Overall sloppy passing. Guys literally running into each other to get the ball.

Thinking we should go to maybe a 4-3-1-2

Angelino - Facey - Mena - Iraola

Mix - Pirlo - T Mac

Lampard

Villa - Poku/Mullins

We get 2 up top, and can have guys who are willing to run (mix and tmac) cover the fullbacks when they mive up.

Man Of the Match: The NYRed Bulls Fans.

They chanted and supported their team nonstop and all wore red. ( I dislike red now)
and the biggest mystery to me is, I wonder why RB formerly known as Metrostars did not play this way when I was their fan?

Last week we outed Grabavoy... can we all agree on Jacobson now? I did not see any defensive letdown while both Poku and Mix were on the field. Jacobson was an utter mess - he even fell asleep on a Pirlo pass when he was the only player in the area. I am with Gavin23 Gavin23 ... time to play our best player and let the chips fall where they may. Time to go full O with Villa/Poku up front and Lampard/Mix/Pirlo/TMac.

Man Of the Match: The NYRed Bulls Fans.

They chanted and supported their team nonstop and all wore red. (I think I dislike red now)
and the biggest mystery to me is, I wonder why RB formerly known as Metrostars did not play this way when I was their fan?
They only show up vs NYC... and if you hate red might be time for a new forum name.

I'll just say it and take the bullet: Red Bull New Jersey, you are the better team this season.

It's more than clear by now that we are a collection of players and not a team. Things were starting to gel a bit before Pirlo landed (I love Pirlo, and it's not his fault), but we were set back several spaces on the cohesion front by summer transfers in general. The Red Bulls played as a team, thought as a team.

Pirlo had a target on his back and was taken out almost every time he had the ball. But despite that, depressingly poor showing from my mancrush tonight.

Despite accidentally allowing the goal, I was impressed by Mena tonight. I liked his aggression and bravery, and even when that goal went in, he was where he should have been when he should have been there.

Lampard was so close to redemption. So close. But still so far away.

Iraola may have had his best match yet, for what that's worth. I still want to love him, but he makes it so hard.

Angelino is still wonderful, but RBNJ clearly knew he was exploitable and kept feeding the ball up to Lloyd Sam on his side hoping Angelino would screw up (and he did once or twice). But on the other hand, he's personally responsible for this match not ending 0-3, he made some great passes, brought energy and creativity and was all over the pitch.

To that last point... we have got to be more disciplined in our formation and less flexible. For much of tonight it looked like the team had once heard of totaalvoetbal and thought they knew what it meant and how to do it. Instead it was a confused mess. Like, what would you call this:
sGYBIKm.png

A 2-mishmash-1?

Again, we have *got* to play two up top. Villa as lone striker is absurd. I don't ever want to see that again. He must have a target man with him. It should be Poku.

The first fifteen minutes were fun, but also nailbiting. The team really needed to calm down, take control of the match and reduce the pace, but instead they got carried away.

There's always next year.

Last week we outed Grabavoy... can we all agree on Jacobson now? I did not see any defensive letdown while both Poku and Mix were on the field. Jacobson was an utter mess - he even fell asleep on a Pirlo pass when he was the only player in the area. I am with Gavin23 Gavin23 ... time to play our best player and let the chips fall where they may. Time to go full O with Villa/Poku up front and Lampard/Mix/Pirlo/TMac.

They only show up vs NYC... and if you hate red might be time for a new forum name.
Yes. The drumbeat has been getting louder. I won't claim to be first on the "Jacobsen is as worthless as my dick after half a bottle of scotch" bandwagon. But I was an early adopter of the sentiment.

Reactions: Paul
Seriously -- how are people not seeing Mix was our best player tonight? Why he got subbed is absolutely beyond me.
Idk, if it's that I expect more from him or the fact that he went missing for portions of this game that led me to believe he played poorly. However, just because he played poorly doesn't mean he wasn't our best player in this game.

In a perfect world, Mix would be our rock:

The one who not everyone was sure about in the beginning. The one we took a chance on. The one you loved or hated. The one who stayed and rotated to the position that the team needed even when it wasn't one the one that suited him best as the big name DPs came and left.

Kind of like Milner for City. Though relative to the league as a whole he is a) better and b) more expensive. Mix is a puzzle.

Yes. The drumbeat has been getting louder. I won't claim to be first on the "Jacobsen is as worthless as my dick after half a bottle of scotch" bandwagon. But I was an early adopter of the sentiment.
Don't we realize that if Jacobson comes off the field that Ned is gonna be plopped right back into the lineup? Lord Kries will find a way to get him back in. Smh

(Does smh mean shaking my head? I don't understand English slang acronyms)

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan
I agree.

Mix was our best player again and the key to our team. Only guy that runs on both sides of the ball.

Ireola defense is a huge disappointment.

I thought facey and Mena played well.

Angelino is a stud.

Lampard had some good runs and passes but looked rusty.

Villa did not have his best game.

As a big Juve fan, Pirlo can get lost in games because of his style of play. He will make those short passes taking the ball out from the back which is not impressive. When he connects on the long passes or has a brilliant goal on a free kick he makes it all worth it. Unfortunately he has not done it yet.

Frustrating. I'm sick as hell (no not because of the match literally infection in my elbow) and that didn't help. I did think there were moments of promise but it's too late in the year for promise. We did look good going forward pretty often but failed to make anything of it.

Not going to be a popular opinion and I might later recant or blame it on the antibiotics/illness but I can sort of more easily see how Frank will contribute in the long term than Pirlo. Frank was rusty or I think he would have put one or two away today. That adds to the frustration of course of how late he got here. Pirlo on the other hand looked better in his short debut than either of his starts. I'm not sure his style can be made effective without a significant overall of the team. Hate to start to think that as it pissed me off hearing other teams fans/pundits questioning it but it's what my eyes are telling me right now.

Reactions: Lasker