Ronny Deila Named NYCFC Head Coach / Deila Joins Standard Liège

What Are Your Thoughts on Deila as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Displeased

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Where is the Dome interview?
Dude is head coach of a professional NYC team that wins their conference and he walks away without another job.
And the team hasn’t found a replacement.
????
You would think that this is something that would happen. I would love to think that one has happened, but the story just hasn't been written yet.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is what I get for reading on mobile and taking things at face value. As yet, in fact, nothing has been announced, and you refer to an article but don't link to it. What am I missing? Is there an article that actually reported it as a done deal? Because there has been no official announcement and we're still waiting for the first shoe to drop, the first domino to fall, the first metaphor to metaphorize.
I watched the Man City match against Oxford today (Wednesday afternoon, our time) and every time the cameras picked him up the announcers were talking about it being Arteta's last match as he'd taken the Arsenal job. For what it's worth.

I watched the Man City match against Oxford today (Wednesday afternoon, our time) and every time the cameras picked him up the announcers were talking about it being Arteta's last match as he'd taken the Arsenal job. For what it's worth.
Thanks. It seems pretty clear Arteta and Arsenal have a deal and he will eventually take over there. But I don't really care about that and most here don't (except I presume we have some Gunner fans). What matters to us is the deal is completely done, especially between Arsenal and MC. To the extent any of the rumors about Rodolfo Borrell and other MC coaches are true, that's likely part of what MC and Arsenal are discussing, and should any other coaches besides Arteta leave that just pushes us further down the domino chain.

As a reminder, Borrell was briefly rumored to be the Vieira replacement for about 18 hours before they announced Torrent. Maybe he was under consideration this year. Even if he isn't a possibility for NYC now, should he or anyone else leave that means Pep has multiple AC spots to fill so we will continue to wait until this is resolved and then CFG gives Pep first choice to fill out his staff and then we finally get to hire a coach.

Because apparently in the entire world there is not a single good candidate for NYC who isn't also a likely assistant for Pep and we can't do a damn thing until our a-hole cousins get first pick.

Athletic article says Borrell will remain at City and take up some of Arteta’s roles (which include set pieces, which were previously led by Dome).

It also mentions that there has been some talk about Dome coming back to City but right now Dome is mulling over an offer from Atletico-PR in Curitiba.

No mention of GVB.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Athletic article says Borrell will remain at City and take up some of Arteta’s roles (which include set pieces, which were previously led by Dome).

It also mentions that there has been some talk about Dome coming back to City but right now Dome is mulling over an offer from Atletico-PR in Curitiba.

No mention of GVB.
Any mention of Mehdi Ballouchy?

No mention of GVB.
Not mentioning GVB in an article about Man City's coaching transitions is potentially a plus for the possibility he comes here.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Does this change the calculus on our coach? Obviously CFG knew this was coming and had multiple plans in the event this happened like they did after Vieira and Domè left us, right?
It settles part of what had to be settled (unless CFG goes outside itself to hire our coach). But other issues remain, and may not get settled by the time the powers that be have to make a decision, including:
  • will Pep leave in summer 2020, or
  • stay until his contract ends summer 2021 (or extend even further), and
  • does CFG want to stash/train/test a possible replacement at NYCFC, which almost guarantees an eventual mid-season coaching change for us, again, and
  • the candidates have to consider the same, including whether their best path for advancement is coming to us or burrowing in Manchester
That's a lot of moving parts, and notably none of them actually relate to who is the best candidate for NYCFC, which I hope is somewhere on the list of items to be considered. it's a lot simpler if they hire from outside or consider only in-house people who clearly are not in line to replace Guardiola, at least not directly.

change to “very concerned” ahem
giphy.gif

It settles part of what had to be settled (unless CFG goes outside itself to hire our coach). But other issues remain, and may not get settled by the time the powers that be have to make a decision, including:
  • will Pep leave in summer 2020, or
  • stay until his contract ends summer 2021 (or extend even further), and
  • does CFG want to stash/train/test a possible replacement at NYCFC, which almost guarantees an eventual mid-season coaching change for us, again, and
  • the candidates have to consider the same, including whether their best path for advancement is coming to us or burrowing in Manchester
That's a lot of moving parts, and notably none of them actually relate to who is the best candidate for NYCFC, which I hope is somewhere on the list of items to be considered. it's a lot simpler if they hire from outside or consider only in-house people who clearly are not in line to replace Guardiola, at least not directly.
Find someone who WANTS to be here. Unless there isn’t anyone good who wants to be here because the coaching job at NYCFC is a [POOP] job, then just roll the ball out and let the team coach by committee.