Running Streaming Movies/TV Thread

yeah, and loved them both! Which could mean I'm biased, although it could also mean I should be nitpicky.
Yeah I played Last of Us Part I & Left Behind (both free on my PS+ acct), I’m assuming the first episode will follow closely with the game’s opening. Looking forward to watching with my GF, she hates zombie stuff but promised me 1 episode to make up her mind on this.

Yeah I played Last of Us Part I & Left Behind (both free on my PS+ acct), I’m assuming the first episode will follow closely with the game’s opening. Looking forward to watching with my GF, she hates zombie stuff but promised me 1 episode to make up her mind on this.
Kinda in the same boat, but my wife watched the first episode with me and is on board to keep watching

Reactions: adam
kaleidescope

Do yourself a favor. Don't watch this.

Stupid gimmick. Without the gimmick (watch in whatever order you want) it would be a b-level heist show. With the gimmick, you end up with pure stupid chance determining if you have a confusing and/or anti-climactic experience. Just stupid.

8C48EEDE-9061-449A-908A-E2AA231D550D.png

The Derry Girls is funny as fuck.

If you’re an easily offended catholic, avoid.
Derry Girls

One of the funniest and best shows I've seen outside of Ted Lasso in years.

How is this the only reference to Derry Girls in the entire forum? (I had thought JCMore JCMore recommended it at one point.)

Derry Girls

One of the funniest and best shows I've seen outside of Ted Lasso in years.

How is this the only reference to Derry Girls in the entire forum? (I had thought JCMore JCMore recommended it at one point.)
Yes I did! It was in the official praise thread when I had a really good day awhile back. Such an excellent show!

The Banshees of Inisherin

Very strange movie. Watching it right after Derry Girls is a really weird juxtaposition. It gets better the more you think about it after it's over. If you like theater of the cerebral and bizarre, highly recommend.

Reactions: VernonJohn
Yes I did! It was in the official praise thread when I had a really good day awhile back. Such an excellent show!
our family loved Derry Girls season 1 and 2. It’s like a Irish Teen Seinfeld.

On a totally different track, if Suburra Blood on Rome hasn’t been mentioned… an all time favorite.

Mando S3E7 - whoah.
If you gave up on The Mandalorian because it was all cutesy and marketing and episodic with no direction, pick it back up. Don’t skip anything. Also you should watch a Boba Fett eps 5-7.
I'm willing to bet the people that only watched for Baby Yoda started to lose interest this season - the first episode was to catch people up that missed Boba and the other episodes are setting up longer storylines - now that we know this is part of "The Mando-Verse" and will span other shows to ultimately end in a movie, I find this to be all very exciting stuff - I fully trust Filoni's vision after all that he's done - really looking forward to the Season 3 finale and hoping for another massive cameo like last season

I'm willing to bet the people that only watched for Baby Yoda started to lose interest this season - the first episode was to catch people up that missed Boba and the other episodes are setting up longer storylines - now that we know this is part of "The Mando-Verse" and will span other shows to ultimately end in a movie, I find this to be all very exciting stuff - I fully trust Filoni's vision after all that he's done - really looking forward to the Season 3 finale and hoping for another massive cameo like last season
I’ve heard rumors that the Ashoka series might be Mando 3.5 like how Boba fett was Mando 2.5. My guess is if we are getting a big cameo it’s going to be Admeral Thrawn the big baddie from Star Wars rebels. They are queue this up by showing one of the other characters from the show, Zeb, in episode 6. The problem with this is you’re really going to miss with some fans who haven’t watch any or much of the animated series. Another fan theory is looking at the scientist guy who worked in cloning tech. They might be setting him up in the long game to help resurrect Sidious in ep. 9 or even create Snoke which ties all of these stories into the major movies.

Reactions: LostAnvil
I’ve heard rumors that the Ashoka series might be Mando 3.5 like how Boba fett was Mando 2.5. My guess is if we are getting a big cameo it’s going to be Admeral Thrawn the big baddie from Star Wars rebels. They are queue this up by showing one of the other characters from the show, Zeb, in episode 6. The problem with this is you’re really going to miss with some fans who haven’t watch any or much of the animated series. Another fan theory is looking at the scientist guy who worked in cloning tech. They might be setting him up in the long game to help resurrect Sidious in ep. 9 or even create Snoke which ties all of these stories into the major movies.
I've heard that too and I was alluding to Thrawn being the cameo in the Season 3 finale, although he'll only be "massive" for those who know him - I absolutely love Rebels and am beyond excited to see that story continue - not too worried about them catching up fans with these characters - they did it with Ahsoka and they'll introduce those from Rebels like that - plus there will be plenty of articles and online discussions for those more curious about their backstory - side note: I feel like Filoni is the great fixer of Star Wars movies - he's got a big ol' tub of spackle to fill in all the gaps

Reactions: JCMore
Just watched the first two episodes of Silo, on Apple TV. Totally recommended. I've read the books, by Hugh Howey, years ago, so I know what happens, but doesn't matter. Was gripped from the first moment.

Also, the music is amazing, done by the same person who did the music for Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, among other things.

Ted Lasso:
I think they ended the show just about perfectly. Closed up Ted's storyline perfectly, in an understandable way, and left future stories for spin-offs open, though I doubt they'll bring any of 'em out. It's been a long while since I've seen such a well put together ending.

Watched A Small Light on Disney plus. It is also available on HULU and National Geographic. Couldn't recommend it more. It has 100 percent on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.4 on IMDB and I feel like pretty everyone who has watched it likes it but it's been severely under promoted and not that many people know about it. It was released 2 episodes a week from the beginning of May so the whole series is out now. It the story of Miep Gies who was Otto Frank's secretary and how she helped the Franks hide from the Nazi's . Liev Schrieber in quite a departure from Ray Donovan plays Otto Frank. It's just really well acted and well done overall and subject matter worth remembering in a time where the far right is on the rise globally.

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH