Running Streaming Movies/TV Thread

If you had toddlers in the last 25 years you probably know the Wiggles.

Amazon Prime has a documentary "Hot Potato: The Story of the Wiggles" that covers their history from their origins in an early 1990s Australian new wave pub rock band called the Cockroaches, to now. I did not know they were still going strong with an almost all new cast in addition to originals Anthony (the Blue Wiggle) and Paul Paddock (Captain Feathersword). The Wiggles were on heavy rotation in our house from about 2002 to 2008 probably. My wife and I watched the documentary last night. It was great, though maybe a bit long. Besides all the fun, they touch on Greg's health issues, Anthony's depression, multiple heart attacks, cast change controversy, and more. It's not a dark film, but they don't hide things. The original gang recently did a tour in Australia playing to grown up fans who were toddlers in their early years.
If you don't know what I'm going on about, you can ignore, but if you know, it's very much worth watching.

Last edited:

Amazon Prime has a documentary "Hot Potato: The Story of the Wiggles" that covers their history from their origins in an early 1990s new wave pub rock band called the Cockroaches, to now. I did not know they were still going strong with a all new cast in addition to originals Anthony (the Blue Wiggle) and Paul Paddock (Captain Feathersword). The Wiggles were on heavy rotation in our house from about 2002 to 2008 probably. My wife and I watched the documentary last night. It was great, though maybe a bit long. Besides all the fun, they touch on Greg's health issues, Anthony's depression, multiple heart attacks, cast change controversy, and more. It's not a dark film, but they don't hide things. The original gang recently did a tour in Australia playing to grown ups fans of their early years.
If you don't know what I'm going on about, you can ignore, but if you know, it's very much worth watching.
Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy

Reactions: mgarbowski

Amazon Prime has a documentary "Hot Potato: The Story of the Wiggles" that covers their history from their origins in an early 1990s new wave pub rock band called the Cockroaches, to now. I did not know they were still going strong with an almost all new cast in addition to originals Anthony (the Blue Wiggle) and Paul Paddock (Captain Feathersword). The Wiggles were on heavy rotation in our house from about 2002 to 2008 probably. My wife and I watched the documentary last night. It was great, though maybe a bit long. Besides all the fun, they touch on Greg's health issues, Anthony's depression, multiple heart attacks, cast change controversy, and more. It's not a dark film, but they don't hide things. The original gang recently did a tour in Australia playing to grown up fans who were toddlers in their early years.
We must have kids the same age!

Reactions: mgarbowski
I am vaguely familiar through my niece.

It reminds me of the episode of 30 Rock where Jenna announces she is dating a musician, and it turns out he is a member of the “Woggles.” She turns into a Yoko Ono type and tries to get him to quit the band.

Anyone watching Wheel of Time? Season 2 feels a lot stronger than Season 1 (I'm midway through).

Watched season finale of Invasion (season 2, on Apple TV+). Was excellent, and the music is utterly fantastic.

Anyone watching Wheel of Time? Season 2 feels a lot stronger than Season 1 (I'm midway through).
Oh man. Had no idea this was a thing. Dedicated an entire year of my reading life to this series. Not sure I’m ready to commit again. Definitely post on the progress. Would like to come back to this. Though maybe in a few years.

Reactions: joe
First season felt slow (although not nearly as slow as Rings of Power) and very streaming service level of quality. 2nd is a lot better.

I read the first seven or so a long time ago (I think maybe all that were available at the time) so I'm invested in the story but don't have a strong sense of details/fidelity.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Saw Next Goal Wins in theaters tonight. It's an enjoyable 1 hour and 44 minutes.

EDIT: I saw the film on Monday as AMC had a Screen Unseen event. I had forgotten that NYCFC arranged a private preview screening of the film on Wednesday at the same theater (AMC Lincoln Square). I was in the area for another event that night and when I saw the players in the lobby, I was surprised that they were there. So I went inside and said hello to Kevin and Gabe (and I think I ignored two other players, sorry to them, I was in a rush). Then I saw another soccer buddy heading to the theater and then realized why the players were in the theater.

Watched Reacher last year and loved it (and am surprised I didn't post about it before to be honest). Eight episodes, on Amazon Prime, about the biggest army guy you ever saw and how he has to try to save the town if he can and maybe get the girl. But this description does no justice to the show at all. He's at the same time the gentlest guy in the universe, but uh, not always LOL. Lots of violence in the show, just so you know, but he's always in a sense sighing and saying, "really, do I <have to> do this, are you really going to make me?" when he'd rather sit down and enjoy his beer. But this is not Billy Jack or Rambo. You kind of instantly like Reacher, and it's also really funny in spots, like they just had a great time making this show, and it shows.

So anyway, the whole point of this is that there's now a Season 2! Maybe I wasn't paying attention but it feels like it just showed up unannounced. Three episodes posted so far with another five to come. Totally recommended.

Although perhaps don't watch it with your kids. Or your mom, for that matter. Just sayin'

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Watched Reacher last year and loved it (and am surprised I didn't post about it before to be honest). Eight episodes, on Amazon Prime, about the biggest army guy you ever saw and how he has to try to save the town if he can and maybe get the girl. But this description does no justice to the show at all. He's at the same time the gentlest guy in the universe, but uh, not always LOL. Lots of violence in the show, just so you know, but he's always in a sense sighing and saying, "really, do I <have to> do this, are you really going to make me?" when he'd rather sit down and enjoy his beer. But this is not Billy Jack or Rambo. You kind of instantly like Reacher, and it's also really funny in spots, like they just had a great time making this show, and it shows.

So anyway, the whole point of this is that there's now a Season 2! Maybe I wasn't paying attention but it feels like it just showed up unannounced. Three episodes posted so far with another five to come. Totally recommended.

Although perhaps don't watch it with your kids. Or your mom, for that matter. Just sayin'
I agree 100%. And S2 is set and filmed on location in NYC!

The funny part is seeing this actor play reacher.. who is generally pretty stoic and simple and intelligent when he used to play an idiot college football player on blue mountain state. Also a ridiculous but funny show if it's your kind of humor.. not for everyone

Reactions: LionNYC