San Jose - Postmatch

SAS. He gets seriously questionable around 75 minutes every game. Late in the game tonight his defensive effort 1 on 1 was basically him sticking a leg out then falling to the floor.
Nah. Berget, honestly. SAS is so big. Literally. That and his pace allows him to trot past opposing defenders almost at will.

He’s so much better than Sweat. It’s a shame he and Tinny play the same position.

Nah. Berget, honestly. SAS is so big. Literally. That and his pace allows him to trot past opposing defenders almost at will.

He’s so much better than Sweat. It’s a shame he and Tinny play the same position.

Sorry, I figured Berget was a given. I hope it's just been two really shitty games for him, because if this is standard Berget, then he's no better than Khiry.

Honestly, I think I'd take Sweat over SAS. He's questionable on defense, but when he randomly decides to play striker it makes my balls tingle.

Reactions: Kjbert
Am I the only one that thought Berget was pretty good until he went to the wing. He was constantly getting through between the back line but nobody was looking at him. Very frustrating.

You obviously forget Calle. For shame.

ETA: and Brosky. That one, too. Shame on us both.

Btw, go look at Brosky’s MLS resume. He was like a proxy of knowing you would suck. Sign Jeb, you likely suck. Like worst in the league suck. Not a little suck.

But that sucks. He seems like a great guy. But you know, doesn’t help defend against anyone. He was so, so bad. And my first year tix allowed me the perfect perspective to see it.

Brosky always struck me as that guy who starts a chat with you outside a bar while asking for a light. I think that's how Kreis met him too.

giphy.gif

Great mood in the locker room after the match.

Villa was hanging out talking to Reyna, no issues walking or any ice. Lewis was there as well but didn’t seem too happy despite the win, can’t say I blame him.

Tinnerholm had ice on his right foot, I assume from hitting that ball so hard. He also laughed when I asked him if he’d finish the season with more goals than Villa but says he’s feeling really good right now.

Johnson didn’t want to talk about that scrum towards the end of the match, said they settled it on the field.

Medina was saying that the league has been much more physical than he thought it was initially and if you lose focus for a second then other teams will make you pay.

Saad Abdul-Salaam was happy with his performance and likes the ability to get up the field but emphasized that his main job is defending. He said he played on the wing in college so that helps him a bit when attacking.

Talked to Callens about playing every minute so far and hope to have an article about that this week (with some stats) and maybe one with Medina.

I wonder if there’s an appetite for Spanish language articles.

Anyways, let me know if anyone has any questions I could possibly answer. I’ve been away from the forums for far too long (due to work) but it’s good to be back.

They don't ask how, they only ask how many. Pretty ugly at times, but the good news is there's no giving those points back.

Tajouri-Shradi is awesome, and he should be the starter on that wing even when Wallace is healthy.

Berget looked so clumsy all game. I'm hoping this was just a bad day, because he was clumsy and his first touch was atrocious. He has to be better than this.

Tinnerholm is awesome. Fan-favorite.

Sean Johnson, man. How many points has that guy saved in the last two years. Definitely a top-3 keeper in MLS.

And Maxi was terrific. It's great to see what he can do with solid pieces around him.

COME ON NEW YORK!

Great mood in the locker room after the match.

Villa was hanging out talking to Reyna, no issues walking or any ice. Lewis was there as well but didn’t seem too happy despite the win, can’t say I blame him.

Tinnerholm had ice on his right foot, I assume from hitting that ball so hard. He also laughed when I asked him if he’d finish the season with more goals than Villa but says he’s feeling really good right now.

Johnson didn’t want to talk about that scrum towards the end of the match, said they settled it on the field.

Medina was saying that the league has been much more physical than he thought it was initially and if you lose focus for a second then other teams will make you pay.

Saad Abdul-Salaam was happy with his performance and likes the ability to get up the field but emphasized that his main job is defending. He said he played on the wing in college so that helps him a bit when attacking.

Talked to Callens about playing every minute so far and hope to have an article about that this week (with some stats) and maybe one with Medina.

I wonder if there’s an appetite for Spanish language articles.

Anyways, let me know if anyone has any questions I could possibly answer. I’ve been away from the forums for far too long (due to work) but it’s good to be back.

Great insight.

A question I will ask on the next #AskNYCFC during Vieira's postgame Twitter video, maybe humorous, maybe legitimate: Do you worry that this team can only score two goals per game?

And while Villa may be injured, having missed the past three games, legitimately, given his age and wanting to limit his minutes over the course of the season, does Vieira (and the front office and sporting department) rather have him play his games at home. 1) Because it's in front of the home fans. 2) It's a smaller field so less running in terms of distance.

Reactions: Kjbert
I agree, but I’m not gonna get excited yet because I’m sure we will have a few matches we draw where we should have gotten 3 points. Everything balances out

Completely agree. But in past seasons, I don’t think we win yesterday. Too early to prognosticate but there’s reason to be hopeful. Not confident, but hopeful.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Three Things Involving Moralez:

How was that not called a penalty? Looked clear his leg was taken out as the San Jose player fell. And how did it not go under video review?

I recall hearing the announcers say on the broadcast that Maruffo briefly held up play on the next stoppage. They didn’t provide a shot of it, but the implication was that he was conversing with VAR. Would be good to know why it didn’t progress beyond a conversation, but there is no transparency on that subject right now.

The cramp injury play out return ball throw in scrum was pure comedy.

Already said but Jesus is our best time killer in history. Sure beats Mata turning towards goal and passing to the opponent’s keeper.

My Berget like rollercoaster just descended at lightning speed. Hoping for at least a slow loud clanky climb.

Props to whoever gets props for the Isi find. He’s a game changer. Wait until we get some real play alongside Villa.

We can say it again. Chanot and Callens are the two best defenders in the league. But now there’s this wingback who makes it 3 for 3.

Shawn looked a little like DdG out there. He’s got some sick ass reflexes.

Great 3. Even if a scary-ish 3.

Said it last week and will say it again, the CF position in a 3-front does not seem to play to Berget’s strengths. He may never be a great option, but I don’t think the scheme works for him and he’d be better in a 2-forward setup.