Special Event Nov 13th

They just showed a picture on instagram with some youth players back in 2013 wearing the original shirts before the official logo saying next week they'll announce more. I am sure they'll also be announcing the youth academy. So at first I thought it would just be the jersey release now I am thinking it will be a bunch of things for the future. Jersey's, academy, training camp plans, TV deal, and maybe stadium and/or a signing or two.

They just showed a picture on instagram with some youth players back in 2013 wearing the original shirts before the official logo saying next week they'll announce more. I am sure they'll also be announcing the youth academy. So at first I thought it would just be the jersey release now I am thinking it will be a bunch of things for the future. Jersey's, academy, training camp plans, TV deal, and maybe stadium and/or a signing or two.

I just looked that up and I'm not convinced. What they actually said on Instagram (and I am paraphrasing) was "here were the first kids to ever put on a NYCFC-branded shirt. On Thurs 13th we'll reveal a new era". To me, that sentence reads as " we'll reveal a new era of shirts".

Besides which, I'd rather stay grounded about all this. If you go into the event only expecting a kit release and you get what you expected then it's all good, and then if they also announce an academy and a stadium and a broadcasting deal then absolutely fantastic. Either way though, unless you hate the kit then you're going to feel positive about the event. If you go in having psyched yourself to expect the whole caboodle to be unveiled then unless the club literally fulfils your wildest desires you're going to come out disappointed and your memories of the event in years to come are going to be negative.

I just looked that up and I'm not convinced. What they actually said on Instagram (and I am paraphrasing) was "here were the first kids to ever put on a NYCFC-branded shirt. On Thurs 13th we'll reveal a new era". To me, that sentence reads as " we'll reveal a new era of shirts".

Besides which, I'd rather stay grounded about all this. If you go into the event only expecting a kit release and you get what you expected then it's all good, and then if they also announce an academy and a stadium and a broadcasting deal then absolutely fantastic. Either way though, unless you hate the kit then you're going to feel positive about the event. If you go in having psyched yourself to expect the whole caboodle to be unveiled then unless the club literally fulfils your wildest desires you're going to come out disappointed and your memories of the event in years to come are going to be negative.

Absolutely, obviously I am reading into it and trying to find meaning in every sentence. It would be great if they released everything but I don't think that will happen. The only thing that is certain are the kits. The only thing that would shock me would be a stadium deal because I think that would be too hard to keep quiet before hand. I am certainly excited for next week, even if it is just the kits. I am more excited for December 10th and going into the early weeks in January to finally get a better idea of what the roster will look like for the season.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
The orange might be that horizontal line on the back below the neck that this year's adidas jerseys have
they got rid of those...look at orlando's kit for instance that line along the back was stupid looking anyway

NYCFC Twitted "#TBT: Our first ever shirt on May 21, 2013. A new era of #NYCFC will be revealed next Thursday, November 13." Yup It's the jerseys! So excited to go!

did anyone get an e-mail today about RSVP? I thought they were going to let us know today

did anyone get an e-mail today about RSVP? I thought they were going to let us know today

Nope. Nothing. Though I've been in contact with rep and I'm confirmed. So if you got your info in online you should be good to go and they're just delayed making a final list.

Reactions: Jack