Superdraft 2015 Mega-thread

Update: MLS just officially released the GA class for this year. Five players in total, which if I am not mistaken is lower than it has been in recent memory.
From the article:
"Generation adidas players do not count against an MLS team’s salary budget. Players who join MLS after signing GA contracts receive educational grants to further pursue their education."
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...soccer-announces-2015-generation-adidas-class

Reactions: Kjbert
Don't get too hung up on changes in the CBA. Recent news out of the negotiations make it clear the Players want 2 things, higher average pay and free agency. I have never ever read anything where the Players want more DPs or changes to GA or anything, Players aren't even necessarily going for a higher cap, just higher average pay.So if the cap goes up significantly or, more possibly, they raise the limit on DPs, it will be all on the League not the Players and I don't think that is what most people are theorizing.

Also, I have seen several SuperDrafts that have tons of trades. Just last year Philly strangely traded up so they can sign another really good keeper (Blake). That was unexpected.

I think outside of a trade we grab Roldan... OCSC I give them roughly 80% of trading out of that spot.

What makes you think that? I can't see them trading it at all.

That's usually how the superdraft is there are a lot of trades. I'd like Roldan don't get me wrong but don't be shocked if they trade the pick.

I still want a CB. I think we're weak there and weak up front.

I still want a CB. I think we're weak there and weak up front.
Watson-Siriboe, Hernandez, John, Mendoza, plus Williams and Wingert as cover. I don't think we'll go for another CB. I agree in terms of forwards, I don't really rate Taylor so another addition would be useful. I could also see at least 1 more midfielder and a fullback as well.

Reactions: Paul
Left back is really deep at this draft. Wouldn't be surprised to see Roldan/Larin and a left back. The top two are too good to pass over this year, and I don;t see trading for future picks to be valuable at all with the draft becoming less relevant each year.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
Counts as an international player no matter the team
Not Vancouver, Montreal or Toronto.

• The three MLS clubs based in Canada – Montreal Impact, Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC – began with eight international slots, but their domestic slots may be filled with either Canadian or U.S. domestic players.
    • MLS clubs based in Canada are required to have a minimum of three Canadian domestic players on their rosters.
    • Players with the legal right to work in Canada are considered Canadian domestic players (i.e., Canadian citizen, permanent resident, part of a protected class).
http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/roster-rules-and-regulations

My bad. I thought during the state of the league, Garber said that they did?

My bad. I thought during the state of the league, Garber said that they did?
I think he is referring to changing it so that Canadians count as domestics on USA clubs or making Americans internationals on Canuck teams.