Things Mls And Nycfc Can Do Better

Have you guys bought MLS Live in the past? I'm thinking of getting it for next season.

NYCFC's games online will probably be subject to local blackout, but I don't think it'll be a big issue with me as long as it's on cable.
I don't believe MLS Live will exist next season.

I had it the last two seasons, it was excellent. You could use Tunnelbear and easily get games that were supposed to be blacked out in your area. Loved it.

Next season, I think ESPN is in full control of all games digitally via WatchESPN.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Nailed it.

I've heard (though never confirmed) that this TV deal, MLS said they would take less money for fixed time slots. It was hard figuring out when games were on TV and which channel. It's probably a huge contributor to the poor ratings. Most of the time, there were Saturday games....but when were they on TV? 2:30? 3? 5? 8? 9? 10? 11? Pretty sure games started at all those times this season.

Once in a while, there were no games on Saturday and one or two games on Sunday but it was the same thing for Sunday. It was a mess.

Soooo glad they got time slots now.
Yeah, which is fine for people that religiously watch, but for people that don't pay too much attention it was pretty hard to watch.

MLS Live might exist next year, but it won't show live games. It will show historical videos and things like MLS NOW and KickTV. Its great, but almost all the content can be found on MLS and KickTV's YouTube channels.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't believe MLS Live will exist next season.

I had it the last two seasons, it was excellent. You could use Tunnelbear and easily get games that were supposed to be blacked out in your area. Loved it.

Next season, I think ESPN is in full control of all games digitally via WatchESPN.

OK, thanks for the head's up. I did see this article how 2015 will be a transition year for ESPN / MLS Live (Canada will still have MLS Live, but the US could be a combo of WatchESPN and MLS Live).

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...ia-rights-deals-mean-match-streaming-mls-live