We Have A Temp Home Now Its Time For Business!

einwindir einwindir so let me understand this... This NYC FC SG is not a real SG but more as a forum to discuss topics that has given birth to TR and now the group of people who like TR are running with it and using all these NYC FC SG forums sites and pages to promote their own idea?

From the last poll i saw the next runner up was only 3 votes behind. Thats way before 2k posts and additional members this site and other pages have gained.

I can't remember the cross street. But it's south of Northern Blvd, maybe 4 blocks. The corner where CVS and Delassandro's (forgive my spelling, I only know the place by name) are. Sound familiar?

I might have seen it as I drove by. I do know where the CVS is on Utopia pkwy. Once their is a season I am sure there will be plenty of people in the area that would love a bar in the Fresh Meadows area of Queens.

einwindir einwindir so let me understand this... This NYC FC SG is not a real SG but more as a forum to discuss topics that has given birth to TR and now the group of people who like TR are running with it and using all these NYC FC SG forums sites and pages to promote their own idea?

From the last poll i saw the next runner up was only 3 votes behind. Thats way before 2k posts and additional members this site and other pages have gained.
TR is a group started by Buckley Buckley on Facebook. The name was suggested by a member of this forum. Someone suggested (a lot of names) that were sourced here and suggested there. Since we never considered this place an SG it's sort of a 'shit outta luck' situation. It was a mistake on our part I suppose, but it is the nature of having an open forum.

I had suggested some changes at the time to NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan to address and hopefully prevent that from happening again. That's when he laid out what his vision was for this site.

That's when we needed to make a clear distinction between NYCFC Forums, Third Rail and the other SG's.

This doesn't mean that you or I or Dan or any other member can't use this place to start a proper group.

MrMartinezNYC MrMartinezNYC I got trigger happy with the last response. We don't actively use the NAME thread anymore because we would rather wait for a much larger group to come up with a name.

It's not to say we are flat out refusing to ever become an SG. But that is not something we are trying to pursue at the moment. We aim to build a foundation first. A tight knit community.

We will come up with a proper name that is all-encompassing (like AO) one day. But we want to focus on growth first.

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
again I had to stop myself from typing lol
einwindir einwindir Thank You for clarifying this. I am aware of the name running from here and onto FB and I also belong to the FB group thinking it was a NYC FC SC and not a TR page. I was drawn to this page cause of the banner that says NYC FC SG.
I will continue to be an active member and voice my opinions as long as I feel they are heard. I hope to participate and contribute to a NYC FC SG.

again I had to stop myself from typing lol
einwindir einwindir Thank You for clarifying this. I am aware of the name running from here and onto FB and I also belong to the FB group thinking it was a NYC FC SC and not a TR page. I was drawn to this page cause of the banner that says NYC FC SG.
I will continue to be an active member and voice my opinions as long as I feel they are heard. I hope to participate and contribute to a NYC FC SG.
This is why we are trying to get this as the hub for Groups. So that we can work together.

I also want to clarify: just because we aren't calling ourselves an SG now, doesn't mean we never will. We are just more focused on developing a community...Get people into the habit of coming here everyday. Get people into the habit of using this as the first place to check when there's big news. We would rather naturally evolve into a Supporters Group than just proclaim ourselves as one.

I think this is why a group like Sons of Ben is so much better at what they do vs a smaller group like Viking Army.

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
With RBNY I feel its more of a competition with each other. I even seen a video of GSU members saying they do not like new members that you have to be invited to join but out of all the VA bar before game seemed the liveliest. They are a big reason why I supported the RBNY but still not a fan of 3 SGs.

Sons of Ben, Emerald City, Timber Army are SGs that I enjoy to watch.

AO are all divided by chapters but come together and collaborate.

Hey MrMartinezNYC MrMartinezNYC the goal for this site is to help NYCFC grow and develop interest in the team.
The current Facebook SG was already started when I created this forum and I wanted one SG only so that's why I went away from making this an SG.
The banner we fly under is We Are NYCFC Supporters Club.
A club open to all individuals and groups.
I think what a forum does is it allows everyone an open platform to voice their opinion and be heard. As we get closer to kick off you will see this community balloon to a large size! That's when we will have a voice loud enough to be heard by the club.

The great thing about us sharing our ideas with the SG and making this an open forum is that they also support us as we are not a thread to their cause either. So that's why you see them tweeting out our link and sharing on Facebook as well. They're also going to be spreading our WeAreNYCFC Supporters Club stickers throughout their Bar Crawl.