2017 Roster Discussion

Crooks just weighed in

@fauvertwin1 @NYCFCForums I can confirm that within 2 weeks if he's not found a club he will return to train-he will not ever compete #NYCFC

Holy shit. They need to explain why. This is insane. Just buy him out.

Not singling you out, you are not a reporter. But araos and crooks are. They are tweeting like they know something and won't say, according to the agent, according to the club.

Unless they do, it's no difference than bullshit they made up. Every one of the deadlines etc I've heard have come and gone with the predictions proven wrong

Holy shit. They need to explain why. This is insane. Just buy him out.

I'm concerned that they are getting NJRB cheap.

Question for the board...would you be OK with them buying Mix out and not getting a mid-season DP on the NYCFC $6 Million salary?

Reactions: adam
I'm concerned that they are getting NJRB cheap.

Question for the board...would you be OK with them buying Mix out and not getting a mid-season DP on the NYCFC $6 Million salary?

Would they still use the newly opened $765k in salary cap space, even if not for a DP?

Reactions: Kjbert
Crooks just weighed in

@fauvertwin1 @NYCFCForums I can confirm that within 2 weeks if he's not found a club he will return to train-he will not ever compete #NYCFC
If true, this has now hit the point of lunacy. The FO is telling the fans they would rather waste a huge portion of the Cap rather than put out the best possible squad. Fck us all.

Not singling you out, you are not a reporter. But araos and crooks are. They are tweeting like they know something and won't say, according to the agent, according to the club.

Unless they do, it's no difference than bullshit they made up. Every one of the deadlines etc I've heard have come and gone with the predictions proven wrong

I've always been under the impression (no facts to back this up) that the board is generally right that Crooks and Joy have been mouthpieces for the F.O when it is convenient. I don't think it is a coincidence that the Mix situation wasn't resolved the way we all hoped before the Ecuador trip and that Crooks is now all of a sudden (for the first time) speaking out in frustration with Diskerud.

Case in point re: Joy. I knew for a fact that the organization was negotiating with Andrea Pirlo two summers ago before the UEFA Cup Final. Joy comes out on Twitter and tells us there is nothing to the rumor. Bullshit. I don't take anything those two guys say seriously. They're Sean Spicer.

Reactions: Paul and adam
If true, this has now hit the point of lunacy. The FO is telling the fans they would rather waste a huge portion of the Cap rather than put out the best possible squad. Fck us all.

I agree with point 1. I don't agree with point 2. I'm not convinced he's a difference maker in MLS.

I agree with point 1. I don't agree with point 2. I'm not convinced he's a difference maker in MLS.
He may or he may not be a difference maker. But keeping him on the roster and not playing him IS hampering the possible addition of players.

It's like wanting to buy a car and taking a large percentage of your benjamins and lighting them on fire. You still buy a car but you end up with a less tricked-out vehicle.

$750k in cap dollars is a difference maker in MLS though irrespective of one's feelings about Mix.

Oh, we agree there. It crushes us. His on the field play has never been difference making at this level outside of a couple of friendlies for the US - where, in all fairness, he looked great.

He may or he may not be a difference maker. But keeping him on the roster and not playing him IS hampering the possible addition of players.

It's like wanting to buy a car and taking a large percentage of your benjamins and lighting them on fire. You still buy a car but you end up with a less tricked-out vehicle.

Just so I am clear, is your argument:

1) He is making a boatload of money, thus you have to play him
or
2) He is making a boatload of money, thus you have to cut him?

"He will never compete #NYCFC"

So Mix will be paid $750K to be a training roster player. Does he have a no-trade, no-waive, no-buyout clause? What kind of contract did he and his father negotiate with NYCFC? Does Mix also get Reyna's first born son? Does he get to own 51% of the club if NYCFC nullify his contract?

Crooks has just filed a piece about James Sands so let me be the first to welcome him as our first HG. I hope they give him a better number than 80.

Reactions: adam