2017 Roster Discussion

Posting back to back so this point doesn't get lost:

Has anyone actually asked PV or CR if they are considering using the relief/buyout clause? And if they are, why not do it already and if not, why not?

Is access to the team so constricted and the subject matter open for questioning so limited that it's verboten? Otherwise, there are a lot of reporters not doing their jobs. Well, that's the case either way, because if it is that bad, someone should write the story on that shit.
As far as I'm aware, no, no one has asked that yet.

Then again not many (any?) reporters travel to follow the team, even less so in preseason.

A recap of the yesterday's developments:

giphy.gif

As far as I'm aware, no, no one has asked that yet.

Then again not many (any?) reporters travel to follow the team, even less so in preseason.

What about that kid from the Post that's been writting all those articles?

Reactions: Kjbert
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but if he isn't going to play for us at all, can we just loan him to MCFC's books, and he can sit on their reserves there?

I also won't pretend to know the PL roster rules, so not sure what limits there are on roster size, and how that would effect them at all, but it would clear up cap space for us and he would still get his money.

Typing this out now, I know transfer windows are closed over there, so we can't do this now, but I feel like this could have been an option.

He seems to write about a lot of things, I don't think the Post has a NYCFC beat writer.

http://nypost.com/author/kyle-schnitzer/

He wrote 3 article in a week of preseason and had an interview/access to Villa. More then we've had before. I don't think there's a dedicated beat writer either, but he's a reporter not on the NYCFC payroll following the team, and he seems to focus and know something about the club. He should ask the Mix question. We'd all read it, that's for sure.

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCfan
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but if he isn't going to play for us at all, can we just loan him to MCFC's books, and he can sit on their reserves there?

I also won't pretend to know the PL roster rules, so not sure what limits there are on roster size, and how that would effect them at all, but it would clear up cap space for us and he would still get his money.

Typing this out now, I know transfer windows are closed over there, so we can't do this now, but I feel like this could have been an option.
Any loan or transfer would have had to be approved by Mix. He would have seen right through the ploy and likely nixed it unless living in Manchester was more enticing than living in NYC. Zero incentive otherwise for him.

Reactions: Kjbert
This Mix situation is really annoying, must be what Arsenal fans felt like with Fabregas

It's so f'ing annoying. I am holding out hope (well, for a week, and only a week) that the team will abandon stubborn and/or Mix recognizes that time could be of the essence for rehabilitation. The good thing is that we only need one of the two to happen, although both assures a resolution.

The team's out is a no-brainer (unless there is an unknown discussed above), and I hope that they are just waiting until midnight to see if Mix flinches. If he is comfortable collecting 1.5 million and is not concerned with how two years of the sideline affects his career, then he won't and shouldn't flinch. His contract doesn't require him to. Maybe the plan always was to play in Norway after 4 years, and this stand-off has no affect on that.

However if he has loftier goals, as others have said, his prime years are wasting away. He has been banished by three coaches in the last two years, has allegedly committed some impropriety, and his sparse game film in the interim is arguably not very impressive. Justified or not, the coaches involved aside, and regardless of fault, that's the lens through which many/most will be viewing him. If his goals remain greater than Norway, you would think that he would do anything and everything to get back on the field to rebuild image and reputation. Even if that meant giving up on some of the iron clad terms deftly negotiated by his agent or attorney.

D. Roy said it best. It's just really annoying. For so many reasons. It's time, it's time. My holding out hope clock is set to exactly a week.

Is there a difference between a no trade clause (wouldn't that only be within MLS?) and our inability to transfer him?
I've spoken to the guy from the NY Post. He hopes to cover us more but it is a part time assignment/gig for him within a larger portfolio of assignments.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Posting back to back so this point doesn't get lost:

Has anyone actually asked PV or CR if they are considering using the relief/buyout clause? And if they are, why not do it already and if not, why not?

Is access to the team so constricted and the subject matter open for questioning so limited that it's verboten? Otherwise, there are a lot of reporters not doing their jobs. Well, that's the case either way, because if it is that bad, someone should write the story on that shit.

Also if what Cooks says is true that Mix will never play for us again I'd hope someone pushes them on it by asking if Mix is being given a chance to earn playing time based on performance in practice and if they say no follow up with a why. We've never been told anything official about his lack of playing time beyond vague quotes about fitness and performance in practice. Obviously that's BS if people are reporting he has no chance regardless of what he does and it seems reasonable for fans to expect a better explanation at this point.

Is there a difference between a no trade clause (wouldn't that only be within MLS?) and our inability to transfer him?
I've spoken to the guy from the NY Post. He hopes to cover us more but it is a part time assignment/gig for him within a larger portfolio of assignments.
His clause would theoretically cover anything transfer related (within MLS or outside of MLS). Every player has a say in a transfer destination- if they don't, then they'd be no different than a commodity/slave and end up working in a country they have no desire to go to.

Also if what Cooks says is true that Mix will never play for us again I'd hope someone pushes them on it by asking if Mix is being given a chance to earn playing time based on performance in practice and if they say no follow up with a why. We've never been told anything official about his lack of playing time beyond vague quotes about fitness and performance in practice. Obviously that's BS if people are reporting he has no chance regardless of what he does and it seems reasonable for fans to expect a better explanation at this point.
"What's the deal with Mix?"
"We're working hard to find him a place."
"Cool, no further questions."

It's so f'ing annoying. I am holding out hope (well, for a week, and only a week) that the team will abandon stubborn and/or Mix recognizes that time could be of the essence for rehabilitation. The good thing is that we only need one of the two to happen, although both assures a resolution.

The team's out is a no-brainer (unless there is an unknown discussed above), and I hope that they are just waiting until midnight to see if Mix flinches. If he is comfortable collecting 1.5 million and is not concerned with how two years of the sideline affects his career, then he won't and shouldn't flinch. His contract doesn't require him to. Maybe the plan always was to play in Norway after 4 years, and this stand-off has no affect on that.

However if he has loftier goals, as others have said, his prime years are wasting away. He has been banished by three coaches in the last two years, has allegedly committed some impropriety, and his sparse game film in the interim is arguably not very impressive. Justified or not, the coaches involved aside, and regardless of fault, that's the lens through which many/most will be viewing him. If his goals remain greater than Norway, you would think that he would do anything and everything to get back on the field to rebuild image and reputation. Even if that meant giving up on some of the iron clad terms deftly negotiated by his agent or attorney.

D. Roy said it best. It's just really annoying. For so many reasons. It's time, it's time. My holding out hope clock is set to exactly a week.

No way Mix flinches regardless of his aspirations. His next contract will be a considerable pay cut, no way he walks away from $1.5m and I don't blame him.

Reactions: Ulrich