2017 Roster Discussion

Every player in Tuscon when Mix joins practice.

giphy.gif

Explains why we started targeting summer DP's. Don't expect another DP signing unless we can get him off our books. Don't see how we can afford it after our last couple of signings this off season.
That show is for realz lol funny

Idk where the hell he is currently. But the team tried to sell him and found no interest.

If there was MLS interest it was quickly scuttled with neither the team wanting to eat part of the contract or Diskerud willing to reduce his salary.

He's expected back with the team in Tuscon, but for now i wouldn't be too surprised if he's here until at least the summer.
Thanks Chris. No need to repeat what I have said just above about the team. As for Mix, regardless of what he did and what his contract says, I wish he had some more of what Bobby, Mikey and George talked about in their podcast of, above all, just wanting to fucking play. Shame on all here.

This is rediculous. Just ludicrous. Unfathomable. Well, if he's back, please fucking let the man play!!!! Simple as that. Figure out where he fits and play him. He's not untalented. Make it work. There's no other chioce now. And if he's not in the 18 each week, then this team couldn't give 2 shits about really winning.

This is rediculous. Just ludicrous. Unfathomable. Well, if he's back, please fucking let the man play!!!! Simple as that. Figure out where he fits and play him. He's not untalented. Make it work. There's no other chioce now. And if he's not in the 18 each week, then this team couldn't give 2 shits about really winning.

i disagree....this team is not mix dependent...mix playing does not automatically make us contenders for the cup

I disagree. If he's a punk, then let him stay in Arizona and collect his paycheck.

Mix isn't going to make or break this season. It's not like he's show himself to be a transcendent talent. He played pretty well in a league that is sub par to MLS. You know who else played well there? Andrew Jacobsen.

i disagree....this team is not mix dependent...mix playing does not automatically make us contenders for the cup

Who said he was the missing piece? But if we're paying him, then play him. We have a limited amount of salary cap space, and he takes up the majority. More then our DPs. You can either cut him (eating the salary and getting the space back for other players), that this team is choosing not to do. Or you play him and hope he contributes in any type of way possible. Maybe even earn back some transfer value for the summer.

Who said he was the missing piece? But if we're paying him, then play him. We have a limited amount of salary cap space, and he takes up the majority. More then our DPs. You can either cut him (eating the salary and getting the space back for other players), that this team is chasing not to do. Or you play him and hope he contributes in any type of way possible. Maybe even earn back some transfer value for the summer.

i think the bridge was burned a while back ....but it is true cutting him is probably whats best for all....we get his salary of books...and he gets to play ( if he wants to ) anywhere he likes....i dont think he will come back to MLS i think since no one will be willing to pay him the cash he was getting here.

why doesnt FO take the hit? i dont know.....maybe waiting till last minute to do it.....trying to see if anyone at all is desperate enough to take him .....which is not happening

Reactions: Kjbert
i think the bridge was burned a while back ....but it is true cutting him is probably whats best for all....we get his salary of books...and he gets to play ( if he wants to ) anywhere he likes....i dont think he will come back to MLS i think since no one will be willing to pay him the cash he was getting here.

why doesnt FO take the hit? i dont know.....maybe waiting till last minute to do it.....trying to see if anyone at all is desperate enough to take him .....which is not happening

My understanding was that they were willing to eat some to see him leave. Apparently that is not the case.

Btw - Mix shouldn't take a pay cut. No matter what. He's on a guaranteed contract.

Don't get why he won't share his information if he 'knows' that mix staying with the team is false.

Lol, coming from the guy that ran with a Nazi flag at a NYCFC match rumor started by one random user on reddit. Then said NYCFC fans needed to grow up and stop blaming Cosmos fans. Then realized it was completely made up, made a bs apology, and didn't get rid of his previous tweets.

I hope that's the case. It's time to move on.

Reactions: Kjbert
Why do people that cover NYCFC take things so freaking personally. People that never even post here telling me I should t tweet out stuff without proof. When all I did was tweet a link to a post. Uhm, why do you follow us? Can't remember the countless things that we broke here and never once did anyone credit us with anything.

giphy.gif

Why do people that cover NYCFC take things so freaking personally. People that never even post here telling me I should t tweet out stuff without proof. When all I did was tweet a link to a post. Uhm, why do you follow us? Can't remember the countless things that we broke here and never once did anyone credit us with anything.
Send me a list of names. I will cyber bully the hell out of them.

Because dissing the Forums keeps him relevant. Everybody knows the Forums and NYCFCfan NYCFCfan break real news, and if he suggests he knows something different, then his cache goes up (whether or not he actually knows anything so long as Mix ends up doing something other than rejoining the team).

But he's ok with using some random f'in reddit user as a credible source when it comes to ragging on NYCFC fans.