2017 Roster Discussion

Pending the results of the 2017 season, I want Vieira to sign an extension for a minimum of two years.

I can't see another coach as good as him for this club available when his contract ends after 2018.

Adding on, after Pep's contract ends in 2018/19, do they believe that Vieira will be ready for the big jump to the Premier League? They want to keep him in the CFG system so having him coach here and mature is the best for him.

Considering all the fanfare there has been recently about how Pep might sign a contract extension for two additional years, Vieria might stick around.

Reactions: Kjbert
Okay you're officially a troll. Want Sami but claim we invest in old dps and just bitched about it. Youngest team this year that we've had. Have a 16 year old academy product traveling with team. Bringing in Yangel Herrera.. 19 years old. Haven't loaned anyone out to ManCity and haven't got a loan since 2 academy players in first year. Yet a farm club?
Not surprised you access via proxy. Likely banned once already.
Got to hell man! I could care less what anyone thinks about me in this forum! I tell it like it is. I know more than anyone in this forum not just about nycfc but about mls in general. You're the damn delusioned troll. They haven't spent over 500k on a transfer fee?? And this bull shit excuse omg they don't make enough money to invest in dps.... no mls team is making bank but they sure will pony up dp fees! Check yourself before you wreck yourself!

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Got to hell man! I could care less what anyone thinks about me in this forum! I tell it like it is. I know more than anyone in this forum not just about nycfc but about mls in general. You're the damn delusioned troll. They haven't spent over 500k on a transfer fee?? And this bull shit excuse omg they don't make enough money to invest in dps.... no mls team is making bank but they sure will pony up dp fees! Check yourself before you wreck yourself!

giphy.gif

So with Maxi in NYC basically signed, and Herrera finalized, can we officially say it was an impressive offseason of acquisitions if everything comes to fruition? Had to deal with losing Lampard's goal production and losing our first choice CDM, so we responded with:
1. Bold moves in the draft with Lewis and Awuah. Added youth and pace.
2. Potential Box to Box MF in Ring and an option in the MF and on the wing in Camargo. Okoli gives us another option up front.
3. Resigning RJ and TMac. Whatever role they play this year, two awesome guys to have on your roster
4. Experienced MLS Keeper in Johnson
5. Yangel Herrera, whose only downfall we see right now is inexperience, which can certainly be improved
6. An experienced 29 year old in Maxi who could step in with goal production on day one and take some pressure off of Villa
7. AND holding onto Matarrita for at least the meantime.

Maybe even a big name in the summer? Viera promised us an entertaining product, and it really seems to me like this is going to be a fun season.

Step 1: Sign Players
Step 2: Sign more Players
Step 3: ???
Step 4: MLS CUP WOOOO!

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
Gold Jerry! Gold!

(Although I'm slightly concerned you really think the first part of what you typed is true and you typed it in the absence of irony.)

I'm glad we went younger this off season. One thing I've learned from this league since I began watching it regularly in 2014 is that speed kills. We'll be way faster this year. Especially in the midfield. And as shown by our two preseason games we want to attack down the wings. Get the right play makers in there (maxi/Yangel/ring?) and it could be another top goal scoring year for us. Hope those guys can actually complete a pass. If they can we're much improved.

That's some pretty big boots you say you fill.

Wheres your insider info like Kjbert?

When has your twitter been mined for news by actual journalists like dan?

I'm not going to touch your clear lack of understanding on how transfer fees impact the salary cap, which basically blows a gigantic hole through your entire argument from the word go.

Here's my question to you in two parts. Have you ever noticed that we don't have any advertisements? More importantly, why do you think you're going to score points by insulting the guy who owns and operates this website out of his own pocket?

Uhm can you? Looking to expand our base.
I said could as in physically possible. Whether they are willing to is a different question.

Last week, they were busy getting 6million views on Mr. robot type vids. (Not a revenue thing for us, btw. But apparently my colleagues like to wreak havoc on the "liberal intelligenstia" - they scare me more than a little bit).

Last edited:
I said could as in physically possible. Whether they are willing to is a different question.

Last week, they were busy getting 6million views on Mr. robot type vids. (Not a revenue thing for us, btw. But apparently my colleagues like to wreak havoc on the "liberal intelligenstia" - they scare me more than a little bit).
Which, your colleagues or the intelligentsia?