2017 Roster Discussion

Call me wait and see. This Tyler and tbag dude are both showing flashes of talent, but a lot of poor decision making. They need more time on the vine.

As of now, it's a wash at best.

Magnus > Tyler
Gene > tbag

Can we get a DP poster here already NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan ??? These guys coming in on free are just plain shit.

Which, your colleagues or the intelligentsia?

Well, both actually. And I may have misspoke about the particular segment, although I'm not familiar with who is what nowadays. Not the right thread. Suffice it to say, we are a majority immigrant office where people say "fuck your identity politics".

The most interesting thing to me is how we're layering over certain starters/bench players from last year. Shelton has been layered over. T-Mac is being layered over. Brillant or Chanot has been layered over. Johansen has been layered over -- one thing about our team is that our bench is going to have some real talent on it.

Even Camargo, who we thought might be a starter earlier in the winter, is being layered over. The bench is going to be loaded. Hopefully most of these players work out. If they do, this could be a really solid team.

The most interesting thing to me is how we're layering over certain starters/bench players from last year. Shelton has been layered over. T-Mac is being layered over. Brillant or Chanot has been layered over. Johansen has been layered over -- one thing about our team is that our bench is going to have some real talent on it.

Even Camargo, who we thought might be a starter earlier in the winter, is being layered over. The bench is going to be loaded. Hopefully most of these players work out. If they do, this could be a really solid team.

Maybe we did have the depth for CCL :/

Maybe we did have the depth for CCL :/

Let's try to put an 18 together ...

Harrison-Villa-Maxi
Ring-Herrera-Pirlo
Matarrita-Callens-Chanot-Allen
Johnson

Bench: Johansen, Brillant, Camargo, T-Mac, Lewis, Okoli, Shelton

Everyone on our bench was either a starter at times last year, or would have been a starter had he been on the team. Mikey Lopez (when healthy), might not even make the 18. This team is all of a sudden really, really deep.

Here's the other question: At some point, Vieira talked about wanting Harrison to become more of a midfielder. There's basically no more room for him in the three-man midfield. Ring is TAM, he's going to get a chance, and obviously Pirlo isn't going anywhere. Harrison is going to have to play on the wing.

Agreed. Let's just hope the players coming in are actually upgrades or else we are going to have way too many "decent" players in positions we didn't necessarily need upgrades in while we still have major holes to be filled that are seemingly going ignored.