CM: Ring < Lampard
CM: Pirlo = Pirlo
CDM: Herrera > Iraola
LB: Matarrita = Matarrita
RB: Allen = Allen
CB: Chanot > Hernandez/Mena
CB: Brillant = Brillant
GK: Johnson > Saunders

Upgrade at 4 positions, even at 6 positions (same guy back), downgrade at one position.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
I hope you both are right, but if how PV used Hernandez last year is any indication, maybe we could see him out there. Defensively, we morph into a 4-3-3, but offensively we are a 3-4-3 with Matarrita joining the attack completely. Put Callens in as the LCB next to Brillant. With his pace, he provides good cover on the leftside.

------McNamara---Villa---Harrison-----
---------------Maxi?-------Pirlo-------------
------------------------Ring--------------------
--Matarrita--Brillant--Callens--Chanot--
-------------------Johnson---------------------

-------Lewis-----Okoli-----Shelton-----
------------Herrera----Camargo---------
--------------------Awuah------------------
--Allen----White-----Sands---Gomez--
-------------------Johansen-----------------

And Mikey Lopez is left off because of injury. Picking an 18 is going to be hard...

Villa, McNamara, Harrison, Maxi?, Pirlo, Ring, Matarrita. Brillant, Callens, Chanot, Johnson...
Johansen, Lewis, Sands, Allen, Herrera, Camargo, Okoli

I like this problem.

Reactions: sbrylski and Kjbert
I tried to use a completely different set of 11. You can put Awuah in CB and Mikey at CDM when he comes back from injury.

Well when you put it that way, then no, i don't think we're quite there yet.

giphy.gif

Also LOL at NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan twitter beef with ass hole redbulls fanboy Araos
giphy.gif
I could have replied but chose not to. We said he would be joining the team. He said, 'I'm hearing differently. You shouldn't post stuff you don't have proof on.' Yada yada yada
Then runs a story 3 days later that mix is back after everyone basically confirms it

Last edited:
Let's try comparing likely starters.

F: Villa = Villa
LW: MiniMax > TMac
RW: Harrison = Harrison

Upgrade at 4 positions, even at 6 positions (same guy back), downgrade at one position.

How is Yani better than Iraola?

I queried him on twitter and the response I got was basically it was just for context. When I pressed further--pointing out that the earlier article dates the quote 1/26 and today's article dates the quote from sometime last week, which I think is sloppy and misleading--it was "Ok. Enjoy the rest of your day."
I've determined that guy is real prick, a poor excuse for a journalist, and a general nuisance to the internet, and all of that would hold up IRL I suspect.

EOS claimed it three-four pages ago: http://www.empireofsoccer.com/nycfc-closing-in-on-third-dp-report-57895/ but apart from citing the transfer fee they didn't provide any real evidence he'd be a DP.
Can we just acknowledge that Araos knows fuck all about anything? The guy is a douche who literally steals content from here and elsewhere, finds an old quote and generates content. On a slow afternoon, I could have my dev team write an algorithm that performed better.

It's definitely better this year. We've added a lot of firepower, while also hopefully addressing our GA figures.

Some exciting signings around the rest of the league as well. Atlanta will be fun to watch (maybe not so much play against), and im gonna keep my eye on that Rusnak kid at RSL. Was previously in the CFG system and if he plays up to his DP status that attack could be dangerous too.

Gonna be a fun season.

Can we just acknowledge that Araos knows fuck all about anything? The guy is a douche who literally steals content from here and elsewhere, finds an old quote and generates content. On a slow afternoon, I could have my dev team write an algorithm that performed better.
Uhm can you? Looking to expand our base.

How is Yani better than Iraola?

Seems crazy but hard to judge at the moment. He was sought by other clubs in Europe like Benfica so he's the real deal. I'd still think Iraola is better but lets wait til we see him.

Let's try comparing likely starters.

F: Villa = Villa
LW: MiniMax > TMac
RW: Harrison = Harrison

With lion on this. let's slow the roll on a 19 year old Venezualan (Venezuela, man) stepping into the pivot role and outplaying a decade long La Liga veteran, raised in one of the more technical academies in the most technical country in the world.

Pending the results of the 2017 season, I want Vieira to sign an extension for a minimum of two years.

I can't see another coach as good as him for this club available when his contract ends after 2018.

Adding on, after Pep's contract ends in 2018/19, do they believe that Vieira will be ready for the big jump to the Premier League? They want to keep him in the CFG system so having him coach here and mature is the best for him.

Last edited:
Although we don't really know how this will play out until we actually see him play, you could argue this will be a wash. Obviously he probably isn't going to be providing the offense Lamps was, he should be better defensively, and have the legs to go 90
If you are an object with mass that soccer balls can change direction after striking you, you are halfway to reproducing lamps offensive output.