2017 Roster Discussion

Really loving all of our moves so far. I think without question, this is a more well-rounded team compared to last season. Actually having players who can run more than 10 yards in the center of the midfield is going to be such a shocker to watch compared to the last two seasons.

Now get a solid DP and we can make some noise this season.
Of course, my hope is they all stay in position, or well be watching a 4-6yo league where everyone chases the ball :)

But I agree, our team has the depth to compete well in this league. Loving the signings.

The talent and potential is there, now we see if the pieces fit. The season is gonna be a crazy ride I'm sure.

So, any reply to my MacMath vs Howard claim?
I think macmath was having a quality season no doubt and should be starting in mls somewhere but Howard made some big save in the playoffs and had he not gotten hurt they could have went all the way

I think the vagueness of where these guys fit is by design. PV wants interchangeable, athletic parts. Ring could press. He could lie deep. Same with Herrera. Harrison could play on the right or left, just like Lewis and Tommy.

I think macmath was having a quality season no doubt and should be starting in mls somewhere but Howard made some big save in the playoffs and had he not gotten hurt they could have went all the way

giphy.gif

Reactions: BxLio91
He owns several NYC apartments?

Also, I wonder if the Red Bulls would pounce if we cut him. Mix could stay in NYC, stick it to his old team, while earning two paychecks.

My guess about the several NYC apartments is that it has something to do with his relationship to one of our pitchside fans.

FWIW, Norway's transfer window runs Jan 1 to March 31.

I wonder if there are a few legit offers on the table, but the teams want him fit and that's why he's returned to training? The salary is a huge obstacle, but I'd have to imagine we'd let him go on a free transfer if it came to it. Just shift the cost from fee to wage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Reactions: Kjbert
"An MLS player may be transferred or loaned at any time to a non-MLS club (subject to that club's Federation's transfer window), and subject to the consent of the player. Upon loaning a player, clubs will receive roster relief and budget space, subject to the terms of the loan."

If Mix is loaned to a Norwegian Club that pays him $250K/year, at least that $250K is off our books and can be spent on other players. I assume the FO is trying to maximize the value for Mix -- a $1.5M buyout shouldn't be the best option for the Club's bottom line.