2017 Roster Discussion

He can definitely play the 8. But can Ring play the 6?
I think at this stage, Carzola would be more of the 6, no? Of course a 6 that pushing forward a lot and not one that only lie deep.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think at this stage, Carzola would be more of the 6, no? Of course a 6 that pushing forward a lot and not one that only lie deep.

He's such a great offensive player, I would like him more involved in the final 3rd.

If we're being honest, he's really just a world class version of Maxi Moralez. He can punish you in the final third with his creativity. I don't want him hovering near midfield picking passes. If you want the Pirlo replacement route, go with Iniesta then.

He's such a great offensive player, I would like him more involved in the final 3rd.

If we're being honest, he's really just a world class version of Maxi Moralez. He can punish you in the final third with his creativity. I don't want him hovering near midfield picking passes. If you want the Pirlo replacement route, go with Iniesta then.
That guy would be great in MLS. For all of the reasons not to buy PL players, the big positive is that there's less of an adjustment for the physicality, pace and general style of the game. Especially coming from his background, he'd be more than accustomed to playing a possession & quick passing game while facing teams set up to defend.

I think he's a great, great player. Would possibly even work better for us than Iniesta. Possibly. I'd have to think more about it.

I think you're right that he is a better fit than Iniesta. Can't believe he's already 32.

How do people feel about Jack Wilshere as a target?

I think you're right that he is a better fit than Iniesta. Can't believe he's already 32.

How do people feel about Jack Wilshere as a target?

I'd pass on Wilshire. So many injuries and I was never impressed with his attitude when he played with Arsenal. He has the skills of a CM but he thinks he's a CAM and checks out on D a lot. If he thought he was too special to try on defense for Arsenal I can't imagine what his effort level would look like in the MLS. Add in the fact that he still likely has the young english player inflation driving up his value and he seems like an expensive high risk pick up.

Santi I'd however I'd take in a heart beat. Great locker room guy, amazing skill on offense and some how late in his career he added some considerable defensive skill to his game as well. Would be interesting assuming he's fully recovered from his last injury.

I would pass on Wilshire too - but I think you will see a major shake-up at Arsenal this next window - even with Wenger staying.

Reactions: sbrylski and Kjbert
Interesting. I wonder what the plan is here. Does this mean we are right that Sands is gone? Looks decent enough in this older video and seems like a good guy.

May also mean that we are hedging against Ring leaving after his 1-year contract is up? Or that Pirlo goes in the summer for a coaching gig?