2017 Roster Discussion

May also mean that we are hedging against Ring leaving after his 1-year contract is up? Or that Pirlo goes in the summer for a coaching gig?
The last line is something that crossed my mind. But you'd think if that were happening, they'd announce it for PR/attendance purposes.

The last line is something that crossed my mind. But you'd think if that were happening, they'd announce it for PR/attendance purposes.
The offering team would need to announce it first so it doesn't seem like Pirlo is being forced out with all of the current negative criticism about his play. Once another team makes a real offer/announcement, NYCFC/MLS would promote the shit out of it.

http://www.bt.dk/superligaen/afsloe...tabt-for-klubben-skal-spille-sammen-med-pirlo

Apparently Lebogang Phiri is coming to us in the summer when his contract expires with Brondby. They turned down a transfer from us back in January so now we get him for free.
Posted at 6:25am? Damn Daniel, do you ever sleep?
May also mean that we are hedging against Ring leaving after his 1-year contract is up? Or that Pirlo goes in the summer for a coaching gig?
I think this is the key talking point. If Chelsea win the league I think Conte will be able to do whatever he wants and can then bring in Pirlo, if he doesn't then maybe he will have to bring another assistant in.

Ugh. Losing Ring is a nightmare to me right now.

Any idea how the team views Herrera's progress so far? Still very young and raw. Still hasn't trained a lot with a first team like ours. Would be interested to know PV's thoughts so far. He's been with us for only 7 weeks?

Losing out on Sands is more important than losing out on Ring. Ring would probably only be here for the 1 year he signed for. If we lose out on Sands, we lose out on the potential max $650K in GAM for transfer deals to the roster budget, depending on how large his transfer would be.

I don't think losing Ring is all that likely, honestly. He signed a one year deal, so unless he wants to leave on a free in January then it doesn't make sense to me. He's already been on display in bl/bl2 and in European int'l play. I think it's more plausible that everyone agreed to the 1 year deal as a test period. His staying here 1 year seems really unlikely to me.

Ring wants to be here. But he also wants to play internationally for Finland and that is his priority. As long as he has the ability to do that, he won't go anywhere.

I disagree that Sands is more important. We have a window to win now - maybe next year again with a healthy, productive Villa. I'm not optimistic about our next DP, but if it is a star again, then we can win again next year if he "fits." Which brings me to Ring. Ring makes us a better team next year. Sands doesn't. Lots of stuff can happen over the next 5 or so years, which is when we would expect Sands to break in.

Who knows, maybe we go the cheap route like NJRB and LA Galaxy have done?

NYCFCfan NYCFCfan or anyone knowledgeable on the subject matter: How does he compare to the other players mentioned in the article that we were perusing this preseason?
Phiri?

He's more like an Iniesta type of player. Dolly was a winger, Ofori a bit like Moralez/Camargo and Vadis Ofoe more like Bravo/Ring

Reactions: danger and Kjbert
He seems to be highly rated by Brondby. He's young and he's featured regularly for them for the past 4 seasons. I honestly don't know enough about the Danish super league to know if that means anything on how he'll do in MLS. Also not sure where there's room for him without subtracting someone from the current midfield ?

Reactions: Kjbert
He seems to be highly rated by Brondby. He's young and he's featured regularly for them for the past 4 seasons. I honestly don't know enough about the Danish super league to know if that means anything on how he'll do in MLS. Also not sure where there's room for him without subtracting someone from the current midfield ?
Pirlo. With another starting quality midfielder we can keep him fresh.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't think losing Ring is all that likely, honestly. He signed a one year deal, so unless he wants to leave on a free in January then it doesn't make sense to me. He's already been on display in bl/bl2 and in European int'l play. I think it's more plausible that everyone agreed to the 1 year deal as a test period. His staying here 1 year seems really unlikely to me.
The only reason it wasn't a multi year deal is for him to make sure he can handle the travel for international duty. If he can then he'll stay.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert