2017 Roster Discussion

You disagree based on anything more than being tired of not having anything to be an asshole to me about lately?

Don't let it slow you down.
I understand that people don't like Araos but a dig on an article full of direct quotes from a media event that corborbates what other posters said they remember in the thread is just lazy.

Reactions: Kjbert
I understand that people don't like Araos but a dig on an article full of direct quotes from a media event that corborbates what other posters said they remember in the thread is just lazy.
Where's the quote in there that his contract is a year? I looked. Didn't see one. Called myself going for that purpose, but you're right that I'm lazy. Don't think the little shit deserves my best effort or the benefit of doubt given his history.

Reactions: Paul and BxLio91
But there isn't a direct quote in there about his contract situation.
There is not a quote on that tidbit, but its obvious the info came from Ring. If you think that Araos' would make something up and attribute it to an NYCFC player, you're blinded by hatred. You don't need to give him the benefit of the doubt, the info is corroborated by others in the thread.

Well shit. Is that RJ at left back now, or Rodney to LB with Sir Tommy Mac at left wing?

Reactions: Kjbert
There is not a quote on that tidbit, but its obvious the info came from Ring. If you think that Araos' would make something up and attribute it to an NYCFC player, you're blinded by hatred. You don't need to give him the benefit of the doubt, the info is corroborated by others in the thread.
Is it obvious that the info came from Ring there? I honestly cannot tell.

I've seen that info corroborated by others in this thread, and then openly questioned by others. Transfermarkt lists he is under contract through the end of 2018 and I trust that more than Araos (who has been known to run with a rumor started on reddit, at least on his twitter account).

Additionally, another poster pointed out an article in Finnish that notes he is under a three year deal (I have not looked that up).

Considering the above, and also taking into consideration the up in the air details around Pirlo's option (if there is one, whose option it is, etc.), I have no reason to believe for sure that Ring is here on a 1 year deal.

I'm not saying he's here longer, I just have no reason to absolutely believe he is here for one year.

Well shit. Is that RJ at left back now, or Rodney to LB with Sir Tommy Mac at left wing?
I hope Viera doesn't over think this. Rodney has been very successful at LW. Give RJ a run at LB, and assess if we need to move Rodney out of LW next week. From what I remember when he was at Portland, he is a much better LW than LB.

Is it obvious that the info came from Ring there? I honestly cannot tell.

I've seen that info corroborated by others in this thread, and then openly questioned by others. Transfermarkt lists he is under contract through the end of 2018 and I trust that more than Araos (who has been known to run with a rumor started on reddit, at least on his twitter account).

Additionally, another poster pointed out an article in Finnish that notes he is under a three year deal (I have not looked that up).

Considering the above, and also taking into consideration the up in the air details around Pirlo's option (if there is one, whose option it is, etc.), I have no reason to believe for sure that Ring is here on a 1 year deal.

I'm not saying he's here longer, I just have no reason to absolutely believe he is here for one year.
The quote from Ring means something. If he can make a decision to leave, than he either has a one year deal or one year deal plus a player option.

In this Finnish interview it is clearly stated that the contract is for two years with an option of a third year. It says, after visiting Manchester City (for medical), he signed for 2+1 years. (You can try with i.e. Google translator, although it translates Finnish very badly.)

http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/art-2000005076258.html

I read the Araos article, and I wonder if Ring might have meant that he'd give the national team one year to see whether he wants to travel to the games in Europe.

In this Finnish interview it is clearly stated that the contract is for two years with an option of a third year. It says, after visiting Manchester City (for medical), he signed for 2+1 years. (You can try with i.e. Google translator, although it translates Finnish very badly.)

http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/art-2000005076258.html

I read the Araos article, and I wonder if Ring might have meant that he'd give the national team one year to see whether he wants to travel to the games in Europe.
that article should finnish the discussion.