2017 Roster Discussion

That's a very good question. They would get a few things - certainty on price, certainty on execution (i.e. that he doesn't blow out a knee); plus we have control over the process and playing him, which is worth something. Still, I expect they would push a lot higher than what we offered.
That makes sense.

I just think the timing is odd for it. With the rumors in the news I think the buy price will be significantly higher.

Reactions: Kjbert
That makes sense.

I just think the timing is odd for it. With the rumors in the news I think the buy price will be significantly higher.

As someone else alluded to, I'm encouraged that those rumors may just be rumors, in light of the fact we are trying to buy the full rights to Matarrita. It would indicate that a transfer to Europe is still hypothetical, and we get to keep him for another season (or half season).

As someone else alluded to, I'm encouraged that those rumors may just be rumors, in light of the fact we are trying to buy the full rights to Matarrita. It would indicate that a transfer to Europe is still hypothetical, and we get to keep him for another season (or half season).
I'd sign up for that.

I'm attending a lecture right now by an MLS player agent and he said he was in the NYCFC offices yesterday negotiating a deal to be completed in the next week. Thought I'd pass that on. Absolutely no clue what level we are talking here, but wheels are spinning behind the scenes.

giphy.gif

I'm attending a lecture right now by an MLS player agent and he said he was in the NYCFC offices yesterday negotiating a deal to be completed in the next week. Thought I'd pass that on. Absolutely no clue what level we are talking here, but wheels are spinning behind the scenes.
Saunders extension confirmed.

What's his name?

Are you in Gulati's Sports Economics class?

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Kjbert
Is the player transferring In or Out? Mix's agent?

Sounds cool. What class / course?

Lol, just got home. It was a CLE course for attorneys.

Here's the juice: http://www.wilmelsport.com/wilmelsportcom-clients

His sole NYCFC client is R.J. Allen, could be an extension.

Ugh. RJ was so cap friendly. I hope we don't up him too much in the extension. Especially if we're looking to upgrade the position. I feel like $150k or more and they expect him to start again next year.

I'll also note that that tweet got a surprising amount of attention. I just wanted my daily cityzens points, so I retweeted a club tweet and added a completely overused internet phrase and suddenly everyone and his sister is liking and retweeting it.
Have meme, will travel.