2017 Roster Discussion

Wait - are we sure he won't just be selected in the expansion draft?

yea we gotta start coming up with a list now of the protected 11 ( its 11 right?) i just keep forgetting who does and doesnt count with all the rules going on.

I think if ATL or MU wanted him they could have just signed him at any time. Would be sort of strange to select a player in an expansion draft that you could have just signed a week earlier. I am sure we dont have any priority in any USL discovery bullshit.

I think if ATL or MU wanted him they could have just signed him at any time. Would be sort of strange to select a player in an expansion draft that you could have just signed a week earlier. I am sure we dont have any priority in any USL discovery bullshit.
People say that, but forget that we had a chance to get McNamara from Chivas' dispersal draft, passed on him and then took him from DC in the Expansion Draft.

Reactions: Kjbert
People say that, but forget that we had a chance to get McNamara from Chivas' dispersal draft, passed on him and then took him from DC in the Expansion Draft.
Wasn't there some issue that contracts couldnt be renegotiated if you took from the dispersal draft?

Reactions: Kjbert
If we paid a transfer fee, does it mean the allocation order doesn't matter? Or, if he was a free agent, could anyone have signed him on a free? Or would the allocation order still matter?

Wouldn't be surprised to hear of NYCFC signing another keeper at some point.

Who would be out the door in that scenario? Would have to be Saunders since he wasn't on the contract renewal list?

And are you inferring that the GK signing would be domestic?

I'm going to read more into this than I should, but what's the chance FC Cincy is our new USL partner for 2017?

Their Goalkeeper was the Goalkeeper of the year for USL

Who would be out the door in that scenario? Would have to be Saunders since he wasn't on the contract renewal list?

And are you inferring that the GK signing would be domestic?
Saunders wasn't on the renewal list because he got an extension and raise early in the season.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Saunders wasn't on the renewal list because he got an extension and raise early in the season.

Correct. But I would anticipate the guys they extended, they want to be around (Eirik and Andre). If the rule is such that you can release one player in the offseason, there are only so many names who could be released. Josh and Jefferson Mena are the only two guys (I think) who weren't released or weren't extended, outside of the DPs and Mix.