2017 Summer Signings

Or play the RCB in a 3 man backline with Chanot and Callens.
Randy-Marsh-Jizzjpg-485488

3 in the back makes sense with the right roster. I don't see a natural RWB on this squad. Matarrita or Wallace would be great in that role on the Left. Do you want your second best 1 v 1 player being used as a RWB (Harrison)?

You could go triangle midfield with Villa being supported by another Striker.

Reactions: Ulrich
Honestly the fullback is such an underated position. I think we'd gain so much more than we'd lose by ditching Shelton and TMac and getting at least one starter quality player for that position.

However if Vieira wants to go three in the back and then add another player to midfield or even play with a second striker to relieve some of the pressure on Villa I'd be fine with that.

3 in the back makes sense with the right roster. I don't see a natural RWB on this squad. Matarrita or Wallace would be great in that role on the Left. Do you want your second best 1 v 1 player being used as a RWB (Harrison)?

You could go triangle midfield with Villa being supported by another Striker.
I think Veieira sees Jack as a wingback. He's been dropping deeper and deeper this year. I don't know if I like this though.

Reactions: Kjbert
Honestly the fullback is such an underated position. I think we'd gain so much more than we'd lose by ditching Shelton and TMac and getting at least one starter quality player for that position.

However if Vieira wants to go three in the back and then add another player to midfield or even play with a second striker to relieve some of the pressure on Villa I'd be fine with that.

no team with a quality Fullback will give them up for shelton or Tmac.

I think Veieira sees Jack as a wingback. He's been dropping deeper and deeper this year. I don't know if I like this though.

i first noticed this in the last few mins in the game on sunday....but has he done this before? i seen him drop midfield but not all the way back like Sunday

But if Vieira wants to do 3 at the back could we trade TMac and/or Shelton for an MLS defender and then still have the money to buy a forward? Or would we use Okoli as a defensive forward purely as a support player for Villa?

How many open spots do we have? I didn't think we had three ready to be filled. Somebody is leaving if they pull everything off.

3 roster spots. 2 international spots.

It's actually 4 spots since MLSsoccer.com hasn't updated their roster page for the Shannon Gomez loan.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Lots of speculation on SITC that Coach V wants to go with 3 in the back and 2 strikers. Would need to get a new RCB for that to work.

- - - -Villa- - Shelton/Okoli
- - - - - - - - - Maxi
Wallace - - - - - - - - - Harrison
- - - - - Ring - - - - Herrera
- - Callens - Chanot - ?????
- - - - - - - - Johnson