2018 Roster Discussion

Like you said he played 2 games all season. Total of 14 minutes. What are we (potentially) doing? Can only hope we’ve got some serious inside info.

No transfer fee, veteran, familiar, presumably cheap, and only meant to tide us over till the end of the season. Can't see how he's worth the international slot, but at least it's a vote of confidence from Dome in our current midfield.

No transfer fee, veteran, familiar, presumably cheap, and only meant to tide us over till the end of the season. Can't see how he's worth the international slot, but at least it's a vote of confidence from Dome in our current midfield.
Do we have an open international slot or do we need to acquire one?
Dome has already earned enough goodwill to hold off prejudgment on the guy. And we’ve had others who turned out better than we expected. Still, not playing 15 minutes an entire season? What can Dome know from a few years ago that outweighs that?

He's an appropriately priced stop-gap. I feel better with Eloi than no Eloi, but I can also be disappointed we didn't source a true difference maker.

He's an appropriately priced stop-gap. I feel better with Eloi than no Eloi, but I can also be disappointed we didn't source a true difference maker.
This is where I am.

On the other hand, given our sales and player development, no one can say we bought the league if we do win it. We most certainly have not bought the league. And yes, I’m bitter about that.

Last edited:
This is where I am.

In the other hand, given our sales and player development, no one can say we bought the league if we do win it. We most certainly have not bought the league. And yes, I’m bitter about that.
Seems we’re sitting on the Harrison GAM and all(?) of the discretionary TAM. Are we sitting in any other TAM that we know of? And we have a boatload of YAM on the rolling calendar that can be tapped.

If we come up short of a championship this season and we didn’t spend any of it this window, I’ll be pissed at the missed opportunity. However, if for some reason we run the gauntlet without using any of it, then it sets us up nicely for next season to blow all of it (doesn’t the discretionary TAM expire on a rolling basis if not used) bolstering the club: 1-2 DP slots (pending if Medina can be reclassified), Harrison GAM, Discretionary TAM, Regular TAM, the extra GAM for making the CCL ($100-150k?), the YAM, and hopefully a HG or two (in addition to Sands & Scally) that are seasoned enough for minutes (Haak & another?).....

Now, about the rest of this transfer window.....

You've just described Pablo Alvarez, who basically did nothing on the field (including miss a penalty in the shootout to the Cosmos) except to be a friend to David Villa while he adjusted to life in New York.

http://www.lesportiudecatalunya.cat...domenec-torrent-i-villa-al-new-york-city.html

Google Translate is just making up words now: excapity
"The excapity The Girona midfielder is about to sign a contract until December with option one more year for the American team, also owned by the City Football Group"

Beyond that, the problem with this article is that it is designed to inform Catalans about NYCFC and MLS while containing almost no information about Amagat.
Also, Dome is the jungle coach:
Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 6.27.34 AM.png

Do pretty pineapples grow in the jungle?

http://www.lesportiudecatalunya.cat...domenec-torrent-i-villa-al-new-york-city.html

Google Translate is just making up words now: excapity
"The excapity The Girona midfielder is about to sign a contract until December with option one more year for the American team, also owned by the City Football Group"

Beyond that, the problem with this article is that it is designed to inform Catalans about NYCFC and MLS while containing almost no information about Amagat.
Also, Dome is the jungle coach:
View attachment 8934

Do pretty pineapples grow in the jungle?

I was about to get mad that Girona of all teams called us a little league but on further review I think that translation is just an unexcapitious aliquity.

Currently available to us:

$750,000 of GAM (Jack Harrison)
2 International Player Slots
$1.8 Million of Discretionary TAM

Possibly available to us:
Other GAM
Youth Allocation Money (has not been formally announced)
1 International Player Slot (Yangel Herrera injury/loan status)

This all assumes no one moves out this window (only possibility to me now is still Matarrita if we bring in a LB).

I think there is a very good chance we purchase Herrerra out right with Allocation Money either this window or next window.

Dan Bedoya

Born in Colombia. A midfielder. Was a Red Bulls academy player from 2011. Went to St. Johns for two seasons (2012-2013) before joining the Red Bulls' professional teams - U-23 (2014) and Red Bulls 2 (2015). He was with NY Cosmos B team in 2016 . He joined the Rough Riders in 2017.
Well, he obviously knows how to function in a press...

Reactions: Kjbert
Add me to those who are underwhelmed, if these are the two signings. Especially since we have a good chunk of change. $750K GAM for half a year should be able to sign a game changer. Not asking for Khedira, just someone who can come on and be a starter.

But, hey, Callens came to us from Spain’s 2nd division, and Dome must know him, so I guess I’ll wait and see

Reactions: Kjbert
So those are our 2 big Summer signings? Amagat & Bedoya? We're in 2nd place and Dome is working magic, so I'll trust in our club. But there's a skeptic in me that worries...

Sometimes I forget we are a little club and have to temper my expectations. For the league, we play well and have good talent.

Sometimes I forget we are a little club and have to temper my expectations. For the league, we play well and have good talent.

There are mechanisms available to land better talent than whom we just signed. But I’m willing to reserve judgment and wait to see a larger plan develop that we’re not privy to. It’s results that matter to me. Not names.