2018 Roster Discussion

We get a good chunk of GAM and an international spot for a player that we cut and were likely not to resign, who if we did, was gonna take up an international spot. Net gain of 2 international roster spots with this.

Honestly one of my favorite moves the FO has done, but also shows why MLS needs to change da rules

Still don't know GAM versus TAM, but I guess it means we're going shopping?

NYCFC just freed up $325k of cap space and an international slot. That is A LOT to work with. Let’s give them some time.

Let's see what sort of TAM is being used on Matarrita. Would love to know how much TAM was being used on Brillant too

can someone help me out on the technicalities here.....if nycfc didnt pick up his option how can we "trade" him? is it that we still "own" his rights in MLS at least?
Exactly this. Because, MLS

After we refused his option, was he free to leave MLS if he so desired? Or did MLS still have an option to keep him here regardless. In other words, was our ability to trade him subject to his willingness to stay?

Reactions: Kjbert
After we refused his option, was he free to leave MLS if he so desired? Or did MLS still have an option to keep him here regardless. In other words, was our ability to trade him subject to his willingness to stay?
Yes. No contract, so he could go where he wanted, but to stay in MLS, he was ours.

Some of what happens in these situations is the player wants a different situation and the Club's decision to decline the option is part of working to accommodate him. Probably not entirely the case with Brillant, but he likely wants to be a starter somewhere, and we are no longer in a position to pay him starter's money. I bet we helped shop him around and find the right spot.