2018 Roster Discussion

So CFG pays the transfer fee in full one year, keeps them loaned out to the orginal club for the rest of that year, and then loans them to NYCFC the next year.

CFG didn't pay a transfer fee for Yangel Herrera at the time of signing. Otherwise he would have been a DP or bought down with TAM. MLS actually looks at the contracts for loan players.

Correct, in 2016 we spent more than the entire league at $21.1m on salaries, 2017 we spent the second most in the league at $17.3m. This dropoff is due to Lampard being on $6m and Maxi on $2m. If you add the $4m difference, then the 2017 team spent more $. Criticize that signing all you want (and I know you don't need encouraging from me to do so), but this team does spend money. That narrative does not exist.

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle

NYCFC was not 'able to get away with this'. We paid the entire amount of the transfer that CFG/MCFC paid at signing plus his entire salary.

An MLS spokesperson clarified that Herrera will not be a Designated Player nor will NYCFC have to use Targeted Allocation Money to pay Herrera’s budget charge. However, NYCFC will be charged the amount that Manchester City is paying Herrera in salary in 2017 as well as transfer payments made to Atletico Venezuela

This is interesting. I hadn't spotted this before. What is the source?

CFG certainly paid a transfer fee for Herrera, although the final amount was never reported. If it was anywhere close to what was rumored, I don't see how it got charged to us without requiring TAM or a DP slot. But... MLS.

Reactions: Kjbert
Hey LionNYC LionNYC according to that MGHeinz crazy Cosmos supporter on Reddit, all NYCFC supporters are morally corrupt beings.

HOW DID HE FIND OUR THE SECRET THAT WE'RE EVIL???

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bane
r/MLS is so anti-NYCFC it's hilarious

my recollection is that they hate anyone that gets hype ( atlanta, toronto, nycfc for everything....LAFC may start getting there) and i feel the majority there were there from the beginning and anything new they dont like when it becomes more important or hyped than the originals....wether its teams or writers/ journalists

but i still think we are most hated.....i remember when fishkin ( that red bull reporter) said he was speculating that we would play in rutgers ( which he himself had no source just a hunch) i questioned it and everyone crapped on my saying how "dare" i question his credibility as he is one of the best soccer writers in area. lol like dude he literally said he was making it up and had no source he cant be that great and were all taking it as fact.

my recollection is that they hate anyone that gets hype ( atlanta, toronto, nycfc for everything....LAFC may start getting there) and i feel the majority there were there from the beginning and anything new they dont like when it becomes more important or hyped than the originals....wether its teams or writers/ journalists

but i still think we are most hated.....i remember when fishkin ( that red bull reporter) said he was speculating that we would play in rutgers ( which he himself had no source just a hunch) i questioned it and everyone crapped on my saying how "dare" i question his credibility as he is one of the best soccer writers in area. lol like dude he literally said he was making it up and had no source he cant be that great and were all taking it as fact.

- Baseball Stadium
- Yankee Stadium
- Manchester City
- City Football Group
- Abu Dhabi
- New York Yankees
- Yankees Global Enterprises
- New York City

All the reasons why they hate us...