2018 Roster Discussion

All due respect to him, he's an aggregator not a journalist -- but also full marks to him, because his Twitter feeds are where I learn about 95% of my NYCFC-related news from, so he really does provide a vital service.
He has scooped the “journalists” quite a bit. I’d say HRB is much more of an aggregator than Chris.

Well, I went and watched Medina’s highlights from 2016. I hope his 2017 were much better.

1) the Paraguayan league suuuuuuuuuckkkkkkssss.

2) he won’t long touch the ball around everyone in mls, as his athleticism is closer to the league median here.

3) I hope he ate something in the mean time. Too damn skinny.

I lack impulse control, and it had to be done.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
  • No CFG team is complete without a talented baby Jesus;
  • The above article mentions nothing about a loan from MCFC;
  • "has signed a four-year contract with NYCFC, following his transfer from Club Libertad in his native Paraguay;"
  • "an attacking midfielder who can play wide or as a 10;"
  • They are really playing up the "first world signing of 2018" thing:
"New York City FC today announced world football's first signing of 2018. At 5:00 a.m. ET, as the clock simultaneously struck midnight for January 1, 2018 for the first time on the planet in Samoa and Christmas Island/Kiribati (UTC+14), New York City FC announced that Paraguayan international Jesus Medina has joined the Club ... Announced as the clock struck midnight to signal January 1, 2018 in the LINT (UTC +14) Time zone, Medina’s transfer will go down in the history books as 2018’s first in world football."

Aaalright, Booth. Now go back to bed.

"Obviously any young player will need time to adapt and there will be some parts of his game that he will need to develop..."

Historic first NYC young DP to be benched in favor of #fatmessi?

How the hell did this transaction actually go down? Every report we saw said that MCFC / CFG paid the transfer fee and that it would be a loan. Now he's here on a four year YDP contract. Someone MLS'd the hell out of this.

Wow. Someone else up early today.

Surprised this came out this morning.

We have our 3rd DP, and he is a winger. He also has a low cap hit, and will hopefully give us a couple great years and then a fat transfer fee.

Now let’s go spend some TAM.
Too bad he doesn't look quite like Almiron.