2018 Roster Discussion

We're currently at 8 international players with 9 international slots for 2018.

There was news in the forums that of one of those 8 getting a green card...

All but one of the six GA players are foreign, so they would take up an international slot if we trade up to draft one of them.

Reactions: Kjbert
Well he isn't in Soccer in the City. Unless he is some sort of guest on the next episode.

Makes it stranger but maybe he's a guest as you point out. I listen to a lot of podcasts but I gave up on Soccer in the City a while ago so I have no idea who is on it these days. I liked that they often had fresh news due to their connections to the team but I just couldn't take the constant talking over each other and the hurry up and say your point because we have 4 other people on that need to talk too. It seems like rule of thumb for a podcast is that 2 hosts is ideal and 3 is possible only with certain people that work really well with each other anything more is a disaster. I'd love it if they just spun off a show with any 2 of those guys.

Makes it stranger but maybe he's a guest as you point out. I listen to a lot of podcasts but I gave up on Soccer in the City a while ago so I have no idea who is on it these days. I liked that they often had fresh news due to their connections to the team but I just couldn't take the constant talking over each other and the hurry up and say your point because we have 4 other people on that need to talk too. It seems like rule of thumb for a podcast is that 2 hosts is ideal and 3 is possible only with certain people that work really well with each other anything more is a disaster. I'd love it if they just spun off a show with any 2 of those guys.
Yeah, they have some decent stuff and I listen to it every time it comes out, but I'm not crazy about it. I need to play around to find a go-to NYCFC podcast and one for MLS as well.

And there is the possibility that this guy is a guest, but more likely not. I can't remember if they've ever had a guest on their show at all. I don't see how this guy is plugged in. Unless he happens to know one of them personally and knows one of their discussion points ahead of their recording.

1 goal and 2 assists in 29 games.... but would definitely add more depth

View attachment 7863
GothamFC GothamFC ALBNYfan ALBNYfan 2016/17 stats have a much different picture, with 10 goals and 8 assists total.
upload_2018-1-11_8-20-26.png

Only thing that sucks is the lack of coverage for the Austrian Bundesliga, not really finding much else. Not sure if he's been injured this past fall, and dealing with something holding him back, or 2016/17 was just a weird season where he went ham and then got complacent.

We really only have two seasons of data, with one season (17/18) not showing much for his skillset, vs. the 2016/17 season showing us he does have something to give to the team potentially. 10 goals and 8 assists isn't something to look over from a winger.

FIFA18 rating was 66, up from 63 in FIFA17.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Vieira says he likes to have competition at every position, I think this is for Jack. If you think about it Jack was given a starting spot as soon as he was fit in his rookie season. Khiry was never good enough to challenge him for real minutes, this should be good for him to step his game up.

Vieira says he likes to have competition at every position, I think this is for Jack. If you think about it Jack was given a starting spot as soon as he was fit in his rookie season. Khiry was never good enough to challenge him for real minutes, this should be good for him to step his game up.

But a bench player shouldn't occupy an international spot...

I'm not convinced on this signing on paper. It's one definitely based on CFG scouting, which has had its ups and downs. He's listed primarily as a right winger, which again tells of Harrison's departure at some point.

Born in Switzerland and played in one friendly match for the Libyan U20 team in 2012 and has a Austrian passport.

More information on his recent games: https://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/players/player=250062257/profile/index.html

Last edited:
Is it possible that we're looking at the Medina signing all wrong? Maybe Medina is going to come along slowly like Lewis but behind Maxi? Maybe he displaces Maxi and Maxi is the new Tommy Mac this season?

Reactions: Sabo