2018 Roster Discussion

Scored goals when given a chance then dropped. How else do you earn time then?
Hank aka Jason aka Cuz, comprehension isn’t your strong suit, is it?

You’re just, like, on the #teamjlew social media crew, right? Not making real decision or anything I hope.

I don’t know who Jason Richards Is and I’m not a cousin of anyone. I don’t even like JLew that much i just see something for what it is. Young players like Awuah Sands and Lewis need a chance to play like Harrison was and Shelton were given. Shelton got more chances then Lewis and Awuah.

I don’t know who Jason Richards Is and I’m not a cousin of anyone. I don’t even like JLew that much i just see something for what it is. Young players like Awuah Sands and Lewis need a chance to play like Harrison was and Shelton were given. Shelton got more chances then Lewis and Awuah.

Deleted so as not to troll my main man.

But dude, you really could just understand when someone is agreeing with you.

Last edited:
Is this what I'd call our standard 4-5-1/4-4-1-1?

I still am yet to be convinced we've played more than a speck of of 433.

Yeah with Ring and Herrera it was a more a 4-2-1-2-1 with natural triangles throughout the formation. Every move this offseason seems to slot the addition into one of those roles with still no natural sub for the "1" up top (and none in any rumors).

Corollary: I sort of wonder if they've decided to make due with Villa (and the other current attackers) up top until the summer and then reassess. There isn't a ton of schedule congestion until the end of July (excluding USCup they basically play a game a week through mid-July). At that point, your probably need someone for a minimum of 3-4 games, so maybe it becomes easier to get someone to come in at that point.

Our off-season additions: Ismael, Jesus, Cedric, Saad-Abdul, Anton, and...Brad.

NYCFC is a true United Colors of Benetton ad. Love it.

(Jokes aside, they aren’t playing around with these signings. Nice work.)

Hopefully Joey too

giphy.gif

Love our defense. Like our midfield. Forwards kinda terrify me if Villa goes down.

i honestly thought either okoli or shelton were going to stay to have someone.....i mean at this rate we need more international spots to try and get someone from outside the US....maybe a draft pick/ trialist? though that does not seem like a good route to go

Reactions: Kjbert
I am thrilled with the signings this offseason. We just need depth up top. If we sign free agent Alan Gordon or equivalent and draft or trialist another possible striker I am loving our roster going into 2018. Additional depth signings need to be USA -- limiting the pool of who we can have there.

We are going to have guys who would be starting for more than half the teams in MLS unable to make the 18 on game day.

Last edited: