2021 Roster Discussion

Harrison permanent deal to Leeds for about $15 million. Do we have a sell on fee?

Yup we are now without both Sands and Callens on the back line. Hopefully the finishing is excellent because the team will need it with the paper thin back line for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Kjbert
Harrison permanent deal to Leeds for about $15 million. Do we have a sell on fee?

We do.

Terms of the transfer were not released but sources tell Goal that NYCFC will receive a $6 million transfer fee in a deal that also includes performance bonuses and a sizable sell-on clause.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
We do.

Terms of the transfer were not released but sources tell Goal that NYCFC will receive a $6 million transfer fee in a deal that also includes performance bonuses and a sizable sell-on clause.

I’ll enjoy watching CFG move the money from their right pocket to their left pocket.
Someone ask David Lee how he plans on using the proceeds from the Jack Harrison sell-on fee

OK good, glad to hear that. You're one of the more negative people on here so it was plausible for me to believe you weren't kidding.

when it comes to transparency, I’m right to be negative.

James played very well last night. I mentioned this in the game chat. Steady defenders who can possess the ball should get a look in World Cup qualifying with the new qualifying schedule. Have to assume something like 40 different players will see time during qualifying. Upwards of 7 or 8 central defenders. Is he one of the “safest” 7 or 8 central defenders? Cant see how he isn’t. Brooks, Richards, McKenzie, Zimmerman. Long when he’s healthy. Robinson? Ream? Miazga?

James played very well last night. I mentioned this in the game chat. Steady defenders who can possess the ball should get a look in World Cup qualifying with the new qualifying schedule. Have to assume something like 40 different players will see time during qualifying. Upwards of 7 or 8 central defenders. Is he one of the “safest” 7 or 8 central defenders? Cant see how he isn’t. Brooks, Richards, McKenzie, Zimmerman. Long when he’s healthy. Robinson? Ream? Miazga?

Matt Doyle had him as MOTM. If he continues as a starter and performing like that, I trust he'll be called

Reactions: Kjbert
Sands getting a lot of respect from the MLS fanboys. Probably won’t be able to listen to Jason Davis on XM Radio today but the pod universe and Twitterati have loved his performances. None of this comes as a shock to us of course. But I am
Happy to see him get the respect he deserves.

If Busio is good enough for Venezia...is Sands a mid table German player? I do think his true position is the middle man in a back three. There are enough clubs out there that he could fit into. What worries me long term is that you don’t see a lot of teams commit to 3 ATB forever. Too many coaching turnovers.