2021 Roster Discussion

I like Sean Johnson, but he's really plateaued and has fallen way down the depth chart.
Hopefully some time with the NT, even if he doesn't play, boosts his confidence to some degree and he comes back and starts progressing again!

I like Sean Johnson, but he's really plateaued and has fallen way down the depth chart.
Hopefully some time with the NT, even if he doesn't play, boosts his confidence to some degree and he comes back and starts progressing again!
Change of pace might do some good. And though I'll miss Sands, I'm more than happy to suffer the sacrifice to have him get NT time and experience.

Sands is leaving a big gap. Hopefully Ronny can figure out how to deploy all his pieces to plug it. Less concerned about SJ given his recent form, though in my perfect world SJ doesn't get called up just to ride the pine. I also hope Berhalter chooses Turner over Guzan. I want him showcased and overseas pronto.

Sands is leaving a big gap. Hopefully Ronny can figure out how to deploy all his pieces to plug it. Less concerned about SJ given his recent form, though in my perfect world SJ doesn't get called up just to ride the pine. I also hope Berhalter chooses Turner over Guzan. I want him showcased and overseas pronto.

Agree but ibby will be serviceable in the mean time and we'll probably shift to a back 3 for more defensive shape. Acevedo has been playing fairly well so the dmid spot is ok.

Don't like players being called in as backups but I guess someone has to be the backup. Let's hope this callup gives them back the confidence they both seemed to lose while waiting for this roster to come out.

Reactions: Kjbert
Agree but ibby will be serviceable in the mean time and we'll probably shift to a back 3 for more defensive shape. Acevedo has been playing fairly well so the dmid spot is ok.
We don't have depth to play a back 3 at the moment. Even if Peru loses to Paraguay tomorrow night, I doubt Callens will be available on July 7th (especially since we've heard he may have picked up a knock).

The only current CBs available would be Chanot, Ibeagha, and Latinovich. And Gray could possibly play there as well I imagine.

We don't have depth to play a back 3 at the moment. Even if Peru loses to Paraguay tomorrow night, I doubt Callens will be available on July 7th (especially since we've heard he may have picked up a knock).

The only current CBs available would be Chanot, Ibeagha, and Latinovich. And Gray could possibly play there as well I imagine.

yea i was thinking if/when callens is back and fit. without him, we don't have enough depth. but it's ok. if Ring Wing can be a thing, so can CB Maxi.

This is great. Sands was going to be called up in January of 2020 before he got hurt. Really proud of him.
Not worried about him being out. Chanot and Callens and Ibby is fine for a back 2. We have cover at the 6 with Morales and Acevedo. Parks too depending on the opponent. Tinnerholm ahoild be your emergency CB.

Reactions: LionNYC
This is great. Sands was going to be called up in January of 2020 before he got hurt. Really proud of him.
Not worried about him being out. Chanot and Callens and Ibby is fine for a back 2. We have cover at the 6 with Morales and Acevedo. Parks too depending on the opponent. Tinnerholm ahoild be your emergency CB.
I don’t follow the academy closely but didn’t Tayvon come up as a CB? Transfermarkt also has him listed as a CB and I seem to remember some kvetching on this board when Ronny started putting him out right in the preseason. And as others have pointed out, Callens won’t necessarily be available for all the starts Sands misses.

I don’t follow the academy closely but didn’t Tayvon come up as a CB? Transfermarkt also has him listed as a CB and I seem to remember some kvetching on this board when Ronny started putting him out right in the preseason. And as others have pointed out, Callens won’t necessarily be available for all the starts Sands misses.
Gray has played every backline position for the YNTs and the 6.

yes he did. Came up as a CB but his future is at RB if and when he goes overseas.
Scally came up as a RB but they thought his future might be as a CB