2022 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs

Considering the card was changed from yellow to red via VAR, I found it curious the broadcast did not continually show replay after replay, and never one that was more close up than the original feed from distance.
Now I'm wondering if they had beter views and did not want to show the injury because it was so intense.

Considering the card was changed from yellow to red via VAR, I found it curious the broadcast did not continually show replay after replay, and never one that was more close up than the original feed from distance.
Now I'm wondering if they had beter views and did not want to show the injury because it was so intense.
I think it's the latter. It was bad. Apparently, a compound fracture of the tibia.

They said on the broadcast they saw the replays and they wouldn’t show them because of the severity of the injury. Stu Holden sounded really choked after seeing them

I couldn’t imagine ever rooting for the Astros to win the World Series, but this may just be too good to pass up on tonight.
People hate the Astros because of what the team did and the Phillies because their fans are assholes.
Vikings fans hate the Packers because of proximity (it predates the winning), the Saints because of Bounty gate, and the Eagles because their fans are assholes.
NYCFC fans hate the Red Bulls because of proximity, and the Union because their fans are assholes.
Really the Flyers might be the only Philadelphia team people hate for the team - history of dirty play from way back.

I’m trying to think if there could have been a better way to shut up all the obnoxious Philly s*it talking fans. Let’s review:

1. They come back twice in regular time, including a goal scored by a guy who should have been sent off earlier with a second yellow (I believe Stu literally said: if this is a regular season game he’s off). Elfath.
2. They get another huge advantage when LAFC goes down to 10 and loses its keeper to injury.
3. Philly then takes advantage of this and scores against said second string keeper to most likely wrap up MLS Cup, but then
4. Philly can’t hold a lead and lafc’s high priced super sub (their coach has whined in the past about high priced talent on the bench ahem ahem) ties the game, but no worries Philly has the 3x mls keeper of the year…
5…who promptly gets outplayed in the shootout by literally his understudy from years ago.

Congratulations Philly on your second hypothetical MLS cup championship. Place this loss with the other open cup final losses.

I’m trying to think if there could have been a better way to shut up all the obnoxious Philly s*it talking fans. Let’s review:

1. They come back twice in regular time, including a goal scored by a guy who should have been sent off earlier with a second yellow (I believe Stu literally said: if this is a regular season game he’s off). Elfath.
2. They get another huge advantage when LAFC goes down to 10 and loses its keeper to injury.
3. Philly then takes advantage of this and scores against said second string keeper to most likely wrap up MLS Cup, but then
4. Philly can’t hold a lead and lafc’s high priced super sub (their coach has whined in the past about high priced talent on the bench ahem ahem) ties the game, but no worries Philly has the 3x mls keeper of the year…
5…who promptly gets outplayed in the shootout by literally his understudy from years ago.

Congratulations Philly on your second hypothetical MLS cup championship. Place this loss with the other open cup final losses.

and they don't even play in philly! Chester Union :p

I wanted to beat Philly so hard but this is a surprisingly satisfying consolation prize given these specifics.

I wanted to beat Philly so hard but this is a surprisingly satisfying consolation prize given these specifics.
Likewise, mgarbowski mgarbowski -- and I wasn't expecting that. But the fact they caught almost every break here and lost anyway strikes me as poetic justice.

Last edited:
What an incredible game that was. Just terrific theater. And with the World Series coverage scheduled to start around 6:30, we probably got outstanding viewership for that last 30 minutes. This league is simply outstanding.

Oh and yes, agree with all of you about how enjoyable it is to watch Philly lose in that fashion. They were just so damn obnoxious last week.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Their subreddit grasping for straws... but this comment on the red card is.... i mean, that's just dick to a whole new level
1667708195039.png

Their subreddit grasping for straws... but this comment on the red card is.... i mean, that's just dick to a whole new level
View attachment 12333
That thread was crazy. The lack of compassion for the guy with the distressingly broken leg was very Philly, but in the quote you shared I love the assumption that the dened goal would have 100% been a game winner when 2 goals were scored after that, including LAFC down a man.

That thread was crazy. The lack of compassion for the guy with the distressingly broken leg was very Philly, but in the quote you shared I love the assumption that the dened goal would have 100% been a game winner when 2 goals were scored after that, including LAFC down a man.

The fact that PhiLLy fans haven't yet learned nothing is guaranteed in sports is quite funny.

That final had everything. I don’t know that we would have been able to beat that LA team. That’s a super team.
Glad they pulled it off. I had no favorite until the red card and Philly goal. After that I was rooting for LA.
Would have preferred anyone but Bale scoring the tying goal. That goes back to him being at the stadium for the inaugural season. Can’t remember exactly which game but one of our media guys was taking a video for social and went up to him and Bale was such a dick about it.

I feel good for the Philly fans. It was clear after our cup run last year, that they thought our title was BS not only because of our win against them where they were missing starters, but also due to “getting lucky in PKs” at Portland and at New England.

I would hate that those same fans would have to live with thinking their title was due to “getting lucky in PKs”.