2022 NYCFC Kit Thread

If we have four 20 goal scorers, that would be challenge accepted and won
Now you've got me trying to decide what would be a reasonable analogue to 4 20-game winners. I don't think MLS has ever had more than 3 20-goal scorers in the entire league in one season. The league leading team usually has 60-69 goals (with outliers in both directions).

I think four 12 goal scorers on one team would be a reasonably similar achievement. Maybe even four 10-goal scorers. 2019 LAFC scored 85 goals and had only 2 in double digits.

FWIW I just saw on Reddit that the Red Bull and Revs kit leaked. They both have the same exact template. Have a fear ours will be the same boring template. I assume orange with dark blue piping? RIP Hoops or Stripes dream

Edit: Also the Union basically ripping off our former home kit lol

FWIW I just saw on Reddit that the Red Bull and Revs kit leaked. They both have the same exact template. Have a fear ours will be the same boring template. I assume orange with dark blue piping? RIP Hoops or Stripes dream

Edit: Also the Union basically ripping off our former home kit lol

Wouldn't say it's the same template but it is somewhat similar. Red Bulls are square checkerboard and revolution are more of a basket weave pattern. Adidas tend to get extra lazy during world cup years but from what's been leaked so far it's been better than I expected.

Reactions: Kjbert
So no team has ever done the stripe thing we did before, and once it's been done once it can't be done again?
Of course it can be done again, I’m not trying to gate keep designs. But why not try something a little more original every once in a while. I think our way kit from 2018 with the armpit wings was used at least 4 or 5 times by other teams (granted out of the league) before we got it. Just seems like they threw a dart at a board with generic designs they’ve made before and then added the team’s color palette. I’ve seen other adidas designs for their shoes, and clothing lines that can be very unique, new, and sometimes too daring (in my opinion). Why not try to push the envelope on uniforms that can be daring for a 2 year period? I think the union’s Lightning kit should be an inspiration (even though I think it’s hideous) for the future. I’m not sure how to find the numbers but I am almost positive that that jersey is the top 3 most sold in their history. Creativity, knowledge of your target audience, and a little effort can go a long way.

Of course it can be done again, I’m not trying to gate keep designs. But why not try something a little more original every once in a while. I think our way kit from 2018 with the armpit wings was used at least 4 or 5 times by other teams (granted out of the league) before we got it. Just seems like they threw a dart at a board with generic designs they’ve made before and then added the team’s color palette. I’ve seen other adidas designs for their shoes, and clothing lines that can be very unique, new, and sometimes too daring (in my opinion). Why not try to push the envelope on uniforms that can be daring for a 2 year period? I think the union’s Lightning kit should be an inspiration (even though I think it’s hideous) for the future. I’m not sure how to find the numbers but I am almost positive that that jersey is the top 3 most sold in their history. Creativity, knowledge of your target audience, and a little effort can go a long way.

I think it's okay to go crazy every now and again, but not with every jersey. Philly just had their "Crazy" Jersey that's still in play as their away jesery, and I happen to like the leaked home kit, I think it looks really nice. The other template ones look very bland and generic and on those I say "ugh, come on now...", but for this single-stripe one I don't think it's bland or "unoriginal" at all.

Now, I'm curious to know how many teams in europe's top maybe 6 or 7 leagues / mls have used this single stripe style of kit in the last 5 years.

I think the union’s Lightning kit should be an inspiration (even though I think it’s hideous) for the future. I’m not sure how to find the numbers but I am almost positive that that jersey is the top 3 most sold in their history.
Adidas intern revealed ^^^^

1644326357377.png

Adidas intern revealed ^^^^

View attachment 11847
I think we played this team in Ecuador when everyone was impressed with South American fans and their passion....this was were Sands debuted I think. This team nickname is Electricians or something like that founded by an American trying to setup a baseball team.... The team is EMELEC.....maybe we get a pigeon in ours

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
I think we played this team in Ecuador when everyone was impressed with South American fans and their passion....this was were Sands debuted I think. This team nickname is Electricians or something like that founded by an American trying to setup a baseball team.... The team is EMELEC.....maybe we get a pigeon in ours

Memories

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Correct!

I guess we won’t have a new secondary jersey before CCL. That’s really weird… I guess teams who sell a ton of jerseys get a third alternative and teams who don’t sell enough only get one

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert