2022 NYCFC Kit Thread

It really is just very odd that the only new piece of adidas gear the team is shower is the travel sweatshirt. Wonder if supply chain shortages means there’s going to be less items produced this season.

WAIT A MINUTE! In the SBJ article it says, "This is the first right jersey sleeve sponsor for NYCFC since MLS allowed teams to sell the new commercial asset starting with the '20 campaign."

Then I thought, we've already seen Ford and AT&T (together at the same time, but this was for MLS is Back and the clubs needed the money) then just AT&T and Sol Cacao so there must be a mistake.

So I stumbled upon this, "The chocolate company's logo will appear on the left sleeve of NYCFC's home and away jersey for the 2021 MLS season, which is scheduled to kick off on April 16."

So will the MLS crest be on the left and the sponsor on the right? Will we have two sponsors? Where will the silver MLS crest go?

WAIT A MINUTE! In the SBJ article it says, "This is the first right jersey sleeve sponsor for NYCFC since MLS allowed teams to sell the new commercial asset starting with the '20 campaign."

Then I thought, we've already seen Ford and AT&T (together at the same time, but this was for MLS is Back and the clubs needed the money) then just AT&T and Sol Cacao so there must be a mistake.

So I stumbled upon this, "The chocolate company's logo will appear on the left sleeve of NYCFC's home and away jersey for the 2021 MLS season, which is scheduled to kick off on April 16."

So will the MLS crest be on the left and the sponsor on the right? Will we have two sponsors? Where will the silver MLS crest go?

sol cacao is no longer a sleeve sponsor though?

so 2022, dude wipes on right, silver MLS crest on left sleeve.

last year, cacao on left sleeve, MLS crest on right sleeve.

Reactions: Kjbert
Generally liking what I’m seeing…
And I also dig the Austin and Charlotte kits that echo the Parley from 2019.
I’m not a fan of the dark blue bear claw shoulder away Jersey. Definitely like the more traditional cut, stripes and collar on those that have dropped so far. C’mon already with our kit yo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shwafta and Higgs1
Will it be a call out to both the Third Rail and Templados with the bolt and the orange, respectively?

Hope the orange isn't different shades...

I'm not sure I like it yet. Will have to see it more and in person . Definitely unique but it's not love at first sight.