2022 NYCFC Kit Thread

looks like some teams got unique designs this year. its not terrible but in a way i feel it should of been half orange and half that navy blue. not just a piece of the front.

edit: feels 90's early 2000's in terms of wild designs. i probably wont get it but still the effort i guess appreciated. the hypno kit grew on me.

Last edited:
It’s awful looking

This was my initial impression as well. but it might look different in person. If the sleeves are different shades of orange then that's just bad. Had that on the 2019 home kit and it's all you can see once you notice it. I will wait until I see it at the team store before I pass final judgment. Otherwise i'll just get a sky blue kit with the star...

i don't love that they went with the lightning bolt. I get it's the 3rd rail but Philly has already made that symbol their own. It remains on their new kit even despite their mascot being a snake (which i never understood).

I would have preferred a more geometric design or if they were going with a unique print, something that screams NYC. maybe the subway map in some abstract way across the front. just the subway lines (unlabeled) in blue on a solid orange jersey. take the old vignelli-ish nyc subway map and throw it on the jersey. that would have looked cool, been unique, and screamed NYC. you wouldn't know what it was unless you're a new yorker.

Reactions: Kjbert
I really want to like it… they went for something… unfortunately, I think Kjbert and Mkadam have both summed it up fairly poignantly

my daughter who I consider fairly bold fashion wise and having pretty good taste gives it the:thumbsdown:

but I’m glad for other people if they dig it and wear it.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
Major miss, but I'm a minimalist. This doesn't look like a design so much as someone hit "randomize" on a custom jersey tool. There's like six different colors/shades, gradients and color blocks, random lines...

Bold doesn't mean power clashing, it can be simple.

I literally haven't liked any of our kits ever pretty much.

I love the unique design! That is awesome! I don’t like that the sleeves are a different color… and it’s like Cheeto dust orange sleeves… but everything considered I’m happy.

M moogoo is right - wait til we see it fully.
But Jesus.

Just do a beautiful orange jersey. Be bold. Not loud. Or correctly use the colors of the NYC flags. I may still not like it, but I would appreciate it.

Slightly off-topic: Will they be releasing versions of the blue jersey with the star on it?
At some point they’re supposed to. If you look at any team that’s one a cup their authentic jerseys all come with a star or stars if they won multiple. It’s all a matter of getting the stars out to adidas so they can add them to the jerseys. Or even to shops like Upper90 and Pele Soccer to add at the request of fans.